The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On May 16th, 2004, it will be 20 years from the date of Andy's death.

Andy is on record as stating that he will fake his own death and return 20 years to the day later. True? Incredibly dumb or a most brilliant hoax? Could Andy have done it?

Find out on the 16th. House of Blues, Los Angeles.
http://www.tonyclifton.net/

special all-star tribute to comedy genius, ANDY KAUFMAN, was announced today by Kaufman's best friend and founder of "Comic Relief," BOB ZMUDA. "Andy himself stated that were he to fake his death, he would return 20 years later to the day. MAY 16TH 2004 IS THAT DAY. Over one hundred personal ads will be taken out, across the country and abroad, reminding him of his words. Will he show?"

This historic celebration will feature a special premiere showing, along with star appearances by RODNEY DANGERFIELD, CAROLINE RHEA, BOB ODENKIRK, ANDY DICK, PAUL RUDD, PHIL HENDRIE, JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER, RICH VOSS, ZACK GALIFIANAKIS, and a rare performance by International singing sensation TONY CLIFTON &THE CLIFTONES AND HIS STEAMY CLIFTONETTES.

Also, "MAN ON THE MOON" screenwriter LARRY KARASZEWSKI will be joined by Andy's most intimate cohorts such as the real GEORGE SHAPIRO (played in the movie by Danny DeVito), LYNNE MARGULIES (played by Courtney Love), and BOB ZMUDA (played by Paul Giamatti).

This one-time only event begins at 7:30 PM on Sunday, May 16th at The House of Blues, 8430 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles. $250 VIP tickets include select seating & celebrity reception (hopefully with Andy); general seating is $99.95; standing room only $50.

Please note: This is a non-televised event. No cameras or recording devices will be permitted. Tickets are non-transferable and photo I.D. is required. Audience members will not be allowed to enter or leave the theater during the last 30 minutes of Andy Kaufman -- Dead or Alive?
http://andykaufmanlives.com/

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Snopes, a hoax.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Andy Kaufman may be the ultimate proof that "tastes differ". Comic genius? I can think of few "comedians" (or "performance artists", or whatever term you want to use) who were less entertaining. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
pinmagic said:
Andy Kaufman may be the ultimate proof that "tastes differ". Comic genius?
Some of Andy's stuff would have me on the floor laughing. :clap:

Some if the stuff left me scratching my head...:huh:

Some of it was genius. Some of it was just stupid...

Tim Mullen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts