The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC Type 25 Jim Clark
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as I see names of all types on here.

I'll go first. The first time I saw an Elise I yelled out "Holy SH*T!!" loud enough for the people at the end of my street to hear... so I thought let me replace sh*t w/ my favorite color of all time :)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Just the old cat's name. Now too hard to go back and change. I could have taken more time at signup for something clever.

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Registered
272 Posts
I spent 9 years with NSA (U.S. National Security Agency), mid-80s to mid-90s, and the format for determining your login/name was first initial plus middle initial plus (up to) first five characters of your last name.

For me, that’s “kestrou“ and I’ve been using it over 35 years now…

Kevin

·
Registered
748 Posts
I Couldn't think of anything original. The Elise is a crazy car to most soo...

·
Registered
2009 Elise SC
131 Posts
Super boring: my initials.

I often use "dr.electron" as a screen name, because I'm an electrical engineer, and one of my suppliers started calling me by that nickname 20 years ago. But in most places I use my initials if they're available. I actually go by the first two in daily life: KC. That's been my "name" since 10th grade. You can identify the people who knew me before then because they have a slightly different nickname for me.

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
201 Posts
I used to play a lot of Starcraft (was never good at it) and was - as a pre teen would pick - the “Devil of Starcraft” - well as it went along I needed to shorten it up, and then a little game called halo came out and my GT then was, and still is Devilstar

TLDR: video games

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well... I have 6 TVR sports cars... and 2 Lotus and..others..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just the old cat's name. Now too hard to go back and change. I could have taken more time at signup for something clever.
I also have a small cat named "LC"

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I was thinking of the Type 111R , read about it and by chance coming home from a family gathering I saw this silver Elise in the wild and moving on the road . The owner who I never saw was driving it in such a highly spirited fashion it is burned into my mind's eye.

At the moment I had to determine which model to go with, I wanted the "purest" NA model I can get ... the name came to mind.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
650 Posts
"IDaho Engineer". Used to be WAEngineer but we moved across the border. It's much better here except for the state income tax, but WA keeps trying to impose one of those anyway....

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
4380r is the vin…yes, the entire vin of the last Europa I had.

·
Hickory, NC
1,057 Posts
PLAY-DOH= (plā-dō) ;
1-Money to blow. Honey-don’t-know-money. Lol
2-Bodywork term for Bondo. Master sculptor of body filler.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts