The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2005 Lotus Elise
1,934 Posts
Actually an error the Mods would not let me correct. I found out my color was Lotus Racing Green after I had already joined the forum as BRGELISE..........self explanatory besides
You can actually change your name if you ask nicely. I did about 3 years ago. We all know you by that name now so don't change it and confuse the H**l out of us... :LOL:

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
233 Posts
Actually an error the Mods would not let me correct. I found out my color was Lotus Racing Green after I had already joined the forum as BRGELISE..........self explanatory besides
The expensive way to rectify this is to buy another elise…

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
242 Posts
Can anyone guess what mine means?? :unsure:
Yes, we should have a whole separate thread for those of us with screen names that require no explanation. You, me, arsenal ...

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's a character on an old wacky British TV show with a Lotus tie in. I sort of feel like him at times. I wanted 'Old School' as that's my screen name on the Corvette forum but it was already taken apparently.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
It's a character on an old wacky British TV show with a Lotus tie in. I sort of feel like him at times. I wanted 'Old School' as that's my screen name on the Corvette forum but it was already taken apparently.
Number Six, can you take a long pull on a 'f*g' then crush it out on the pavement without leaning out the door of your Lotus?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I seem to think that Patrick McGoohan built that seven himself. So he'd be right at home here.

Mine is transparent. But I can share on the avatar. I had a Europa in high school and a good friend made that keychain for me. Sat in a closet for 35 years after I sold the Europa until I finally once again had a use for it.

Reactions: Locust and 6TVRs+

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm waiting for CYOW to reveal. I've been guessing carry your own wrench. With my first Lotus, I always carried tools as parts seemed to fly off from time to time. I can afford AAA now.

·
Administrator
5,946 Posts
My preferred user name was in use so it sort of morphed over into my other life and down to just a little 27' catamaran.

Reactions: Glamrock

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used to work in apartments a long time ago. I had to knock on several doors throughout my workday. I got this technique down where I would flick the door knocker with my finger and it would knock exactly three times. My co worker tried very unsuccessfully to explain this technique to our supervisor where I would just 'flop the knocker up and down and it would knock'. As the verbal picture he tried to paint failed, in frustration the supervisor yelled just across the office "HEY! show me your floppy knocker!". It just kinda stuck as usernames and avatars from then on out.

Word to the wise... don't Google it.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
718 Posts
I used to work in apartments a long time ago. I had to knock on several doors throughout my workday. I got this technique down where I would flick the door knocker with my finger and it would knock exactly three times. My co worker tried very unsuccessfully to explain this technique to our supervisor where I would just 'flop the knocker up and down and it would knock'. As the verbal picture he tried to paint failed, in frustration the supervisor yelled just across the office "HEY! show me your floppy knocker!". It just kinda stuck as usernames and avatars from then on out.

Word to the wise... don't Google it.
Not the picture I had in my head,but interesting story nonetheless.Thanks to Holy brg for starting a really interesting thread.

·
Loves to talk
1,385 Posts
According to my wife, I think....and talk....too much about my car. Loquatious about Lotus. Lotusquatious. Or, you can call me Lewtus. Either way, that's me

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
oh I'll join the fun... 2nd fun car in my life and the model I've owned the longest is a Mazda RX7. I swapped my first 7 to v8, using an LT-1 from first a 95 Camaro then a 96 Corvette. joined the rx7club forum as LT1_RX7. but as v8 swaps became more popular and in all 3 generations I changed to using the 3rd gens chassis code of FD3S... and when I joined LT I didn't own a Lotus yet...

41 - 60 of 107 Posts