The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
My first Lotus...a 1971 Type 65 S2 (federal spec) Europa, of course.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I'm waiting for CYOW to reveal. I've been guessing carry your own wrench. With my first Lotus, I always carried tools as parts seemed to fly off from time to time. I can afford AAA now.
Hahahaha, no not that interesting. My name is Caleb Yow, and my college user name was cyow5. I'm not very creative and figured I can usually count on that one being available.

@LostPawn

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Made up word.
Definition: a mid-engine car enthusiast, one who appreciates or drives midengine cars.
I just now realized your username isn't midengineer. As an engineer and mid-engine enthusiast, I want to steal that now, haha

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400, manual
352 Posts
I just now realized your username isn't midengineer. As an engineer and mid-engine enthusiast, I want to steal that now, haha
Ha, You can have midengineer. I'm an architect so I design very large objects that don't move so last thing anyone would want is me engineering their midengine car! Lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine began as my handle in VWVortex as MadVR6 for my 93 Corrado SLC VR6 (one of the best sounding engines ever)
"Mad" as in angry, insane, crazy, wild + VR6 as in the V - inline 6.
The VR6 is a narrow angle Vee (15° ) engine. (German: V-Motor) and a straight inline engine (German: Reihenmotor) 6 cyl).

The name then evolved when I got a 225 Audi TT and joined Audiworld as Mad MaTTer . I went a little deeper and dropped the VR6 and changed it to matter as everything is composed of matter. I was getting really into material engineering at this time while in engineering school so I used a play on words for MaTTer upper case -TT- (Audi TT) and the character the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland / Through the looking glass.

I liked the name because it sounded a bit cynical and mysterious and it held a little history of me and my cars so I kept "Mad MaTTer" when I got the Lotus 12 yrs ago and joined Lotus Talk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I was a freshman in high school, a senior in my home room class started calling me Krazy Karl. When not already in use I have been using it as my forum screen name ever since.

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,018 Posts
Thanks dude. I had the same thing going on....

Sorry Midenginer!

·
Registered
359 Posts
No explanation necessary.

Reactions: Locust and glemmons

·
Registered
2005 Elise, 1995 Miata, 2017 V60 P*
42 Posts
Maybe obvious if you think about it? Paramedic turned physician. I'm some variation of dr-exmedic (some places allow hyphens, other's don't) pretty much everywhere I go online.

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
323 Posts
I'm a big Max Headroom fan. Blank Reg ran Bigtime Television from a Pink Bus and was a member of a group called the Blanks that kind of lived off the grid. Figured I should join his group, so I'm Blank Dan

·
Registered
245 Posts
My username is the same as my vanity plate.

·
Premium Member
2017 Evora 400 MT
79 Posts
I was a competitive snow ski racer in my teens and early twenties then went on to city league ski racing through to my late forties. I lived to ski. Driving my Lotus is an extension to those days, it always carves the perfect line.

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
84 Posts
My 1st name, and the 2nd car I owned, was a rare 50th Anniversary Edition 300zx Turbo (AE) Only 5,100 of them produced.

·
Registered
2011 Exige S260 Sport
295 Posts
When I was a kid my Dad had a CB radio. My handle was Joe Cool. I guess I was thinking about Snoopy when I had to pick a name. When the internet came along I added the "L" to reflect my first name.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts