The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first bought this Chrome Orange 2014 Evora S 2.5 years ago or so with about 5500 miles on it and a grown up idea that I would leave this one stock. This is such a fantastic car in so many ways and, as far as I'm concerned, the fact that I have zero desire to trade it for a new flavor is a testament to how great it actually is. I've been through countless cars and never keep them more than about 1.5-2 years max. I traded in a 15' Z51 C7 that I factory ordered new 2 1/4 years prior for this Evora on a last minute whim because I just wasn't satisfied with the C7... As great as it was. I've modded every single car I've ever owned (from my first car at 16 and still including all my daily's to this day) but I told myself I would leave this one be. This time it would be different I said.

Nope.

The itch to make it my own has finally caught up with me, and within the last month I've started making my plans to give this one some serious love. I usually build in spurts, but I'm off to a pretty serious opening spurt with this one. So here's the Evora as she sat when bought:

2014 Lotus Evora S 2+2 IPS
Suede-Tex Premium pack
Suede-Tex Trim pack
Backup camera
Black Diamond Cut Forged 19/20 wheels
Tech Pack
Star Shield
Custom Paint Color

etc.

To the build:

Last week installed the first worth mentioning mod, some new shoes. Prior to the wheels, I think the only mod I've done is LED bulbs for interior overhead lamp, trunk lamp, and license plate lamps. I've also done the wire cut mod under the glove box to eliminate the daytime running lights which, for those that don't know, basically makes the lights function like the non-federal version cars. Lastly, I had the headlights wrapped with Xpel, replaced the nose badge with a HethelSport "craft" badge and got myself a 2nd key fob/blank blade and had it programmed and key cut as I only received one key when I bought it.

BC Forged RZ21 Forged Monoblock Wheels (Gloss Black)
Fronts - 19" x 8.5" et.+45
Rears - 20" x 10" et.+57
Retained the OEM Pirelli rubber and TPMS from the stock wheels.

Purchased the wheels along with a full set of black wheel bolts from the famous Sherman at HethelSport. Highly highly recommended if you're in the market for some wheels for many reasons.

As of today, here is what I have already purchased in the last couple of weeks and am waiting for, along with a few details about each:

HethelSport/WinAce Evora GT430 front 'A' Panels in gloss black primered FRP (sitting on my kitchen table)

Nitron Fast Road 40mm Single Adjustable Coilovers Kit (Built as ordered, 5-6 weeks production time)
This is an excellent outfit that builds some serious suspensions (Like for F3 cars, for example). This is the first time I've purchased one of their offerings, but I'm a research monster and everything I've read points to a very quality product at a good price with great support from Nitron. I found the best price to be at InoKinetic with free shipping (coupon code).

GRP V3 "afterburner" Taillights (Options chose: Red lenses, amber turns, no reflectors) Built as ordered, 5 weeks.
I ordered these from GRP about 5 weeks ago, so I've been told they should ship out in the upcoming week.

Lotus Cars USA Evora Carbon Fiber Parts Bundle - Part# LOTPB0008 (I think Lotus NA just released this deal recently, and believe it ends at the end of the month)
I just placed my order for this set yesterday with Gator in Indy (Big thanks to Dino and company over there). I happened to have been taking a very hard look at the GT's CF hatch over the last few weeks and after checking prices among US dealers, and even talking to a few, I found that ordering from DeRoure Lotus in the UK (after negotiating a decent price for the hatch with them) + unfavorable currency conversion + overseas shipping to my door + insane Import duties + foreign transaction fees... was STILL cheaper than any US dealer. And not by a little... By around $700-1K cheaper than the cheapest US dealer price including US shipping.

Anyway, this is a hell of a deal if you're in the market for the hatch with a little added CF front access panel bonus nugget . Now is the time. Looking at around a few weeks until this giant gift box shows up at my doorstep.

That about it for now.

Well, except... I might also be placing an order today for the InoKinetic Ultra Disks 2-piece floating rotors for all four corners. :sneaky:
They are on sale now for a few hundo off and free shipping and just shy of $2K is great deal for a set of 4 full floating rotors, almost no matter the brand, even those these are made by a very quality, reputable brand name. I'm a bit intrigued by the Komo-Tec larger rotor upgrade kit, though... But the price is way steep and they aren't even full floating rotors.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great color! :D My car looked exactly like yours (from the outside) when I bought it. Also, I think you and I have the only two Chrome Orange 2014 S cars in the US. At least that's the way the certificate of provenance reads to me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna love this thread. Its like looking back in time at my car when it was stock. I tried to resist the urge too. But, that didn't last very long.

Good luck with the build. Its gonna be fun! (y)
Happy to have a fellow heavily-modded Chrome Orange along for the ride 🤙

Something about that Chrome Orange... You and that past Invictus dude are two of the heaviest modders I've seen in our Evora part of the hood. Both CO. I donno, maybe I'm just paying closer attention to my CO kin. Coincidentally, I was going to ask you a few questions that have come up in my journey through the internet vendors:

1. First off, I cannot find a carbon fiber 'S' rear diffuser anywhere. I found the lower part (there's a couple -- literally just 2 -- of Chinese made on Ebay) but I'm not so keen on taking that gamble, and further I need both parts or nothing. The top part cannot be found anywhere. I contacted HKfever... He more or less doesn't really like to make them anymore due to the insane shipping costs. He gave me price of upper (good to go), he gave me the price of the lower (good to go), then he gave me the shipping price... Which was like double what I would pay to have a CF hatch, which is way larger, shipped to my door from overseas. I mean it was so bad I just couldn't do it, as much as I want that piece.

2. Can't remember the second question lol, I'll get back to you on that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Great color! :D My car looked exactly like yours (from the outside) when I bought it. Also, I think you and I have the only two Chrome Orange 2014 S cars in the US. At least that's the way the certificate of provenance reads to me.

View attachment 1267550
Man I hate to do it to you, but that's a big negative ghost rider. See my cert from Andy below:

That's pretty cool now that i'm thinking about it though... Out of the (356) 2013-2014 Lotus Evoras across all variants he mentions (he didn't mention numbers for 2013 other Evora variants besides S IPS cars), only (15) total out of that (356) were built in Chrome Orange. We are more rare than it seems sometimes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Man I hate to do it to you, but that's a big negative ghost rider. See my cert from Andy below:

View attachment 1267552

That's pretty cool now that i'm thinking about it though... Out of the (356) 2013-2014 Lotus Evoras across all variants he mentions (he didn't mention numbers for 2013 other Evora variants besides S IPS cars), only (15) total out of that (356) were built in Chrome Orange. We are more rare than it seems sometimes.
Ok, I think he meant only cars with manual transmission in my case then. That would make more sense. Either way, still a pretty rare color since it was special order in 2014.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wish mine was an interesting color like Chrome Orange... as the dark "metallic grey" I have can be had on a Honda accord... sigh

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I bought a bunch of cf from HKfever. He was great to deal with and his parts are beautiful. I remember that he kept mentioning shipping costs going up on him. He wasn't very happy about it as it seemed like it was the deterrent most people had on buying his parts. Its tough to justify paying so much just to get the part to you. But, on the oversized stuff, the shipping companies were charging him outrageous shipping prices. I should note that his parts (once fabricated) usually came in about 2 days. It was unbelievable how fast they showed up after he sent a tracking # (I don't know if he still uses the same shipping services).

In the end, I just sucked it up since I wanted his stuff and I knew it would look awesome. I figured, its just money right o_O I do agree that you really need the diffuser and diffuser surround together to make it look right.

In keeping with the CO provenance....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...Way past due for some updates to this....

So far, this is what I have in my hands and what is currently installed on the car:

Received & Installed Parts:
BC Forged RZ21 wheels
HethelSport Black Lug Bolts
BOE Cold Air Intake
TopSpeedPro1 Full Titanium Exhaust with Resonator
Lotus OEM Carbon Fiber GT Rear Hatch
Lotus OEM Carbon Fiber Front Access Panel
GRP Carbon Fiber Interior Dash Panels
GRP Carbon Fiber Interior Center Console Panel
GRP Carbon Fiber Interior Door Handles

Received Parts:
Nitron Fast Road Single Adjustable Coilovers
GiroDisc UltraDisks 2-Piece Floating Rotors (4 Corners)
HethelSport FRP GT430 "A" Panels

Ordered Parts Waiting for Delivery:
GRP Carbon Fiber Sail Panel
GRP V3 Afterburner Taillights
Lotus OEM Black "LOTUS" Rear Emblems

Here are a few recent pics:

Here are a few pics of some of the parts:

More to come... ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good!! (y)(y)
Thank you sir. Coming along slowly but surely.

KEEEN to see the Nitrons fitted.
You and me both, brother. It's all I can think about when I look at the car now.

I had to remove and send my full exhaust back to TopSpeed for repair or replacement (lucky they are in Dallas, so not far from me) as one of the hanger rods broke off. The fix, whatever it involves some light TIG welding or pulling a new exhaust off the shelf, shouldn't take but a day or two before they ship back to me. Once I receive it and re-install, it's off to the shop to have the coils installed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah that’s on the list, but not many options out there for the stock bumper. I’m considering the new carbon one from HethelSport but trying really hard to justify 1.5k on a disposable part. But I def want it!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,637 Posts
Impressive mods. IMHO, I would also add the Black Pack and GT430 front and rear bumpers.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Love it mate, keen to see more pics. Should look tuff from behind with the width / offset / height

1 - 20 of 38 Posts