The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the more they stay the same.

It is so good to sit back and read the threads on here about the Elise "character", and know that even though Lotus have given you guys a new engine, they haven't managed to take away any of the basic thrills that make Elise ownership so special. The rattles in the dashboard, the non sealed headlights (that go rusty !), the screws mysteriously rolling around the car. I could go on, but I would hate to spoil your fun - it would be like telling what is going to happen at the end of the chapter !!

Because of what they do do (and very well too), we forgive them what they don't do very well. Calling it "character" makes it less painful along the way !!

And by the way, please stop smashing up your cars so the factory can get back to making some for other people besides you guys ! :D

Giles.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
waelsie said:

Calling it "character" makes it less painful along the way !!
Quirk is another option.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Personality....
Since they don't have a euro engine in them, they won't mark their spot unless really ailing (the words "sick" and "Ill" seem to be superlatives for the highly impressed these days).
m

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
James A said:
I'm not so sure the cars have character but putting up with them builds character.
If you drive a se7en....:D It goes without saying.

I had a balljoint failure on the se7en once on the street, and had a bunch of spectators telling me how cool the car was...
m

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Your right if you can handle a Seven everything else, the Elise included, is real luxury! A radio, AC, ABS, doors man that Elise is just too civilized for me!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
waelsie said:
the more they stay the same.

It is so good to sit back and read the threads on here about the Elise "character", and know that even though Lotus have given you guys a new engine, they haven't managed to take away any of the basic thrills that make Elise ownership so special. The rattles in the dashboard, the non sealed headlights (that go rusty !), the screws mysteriously rolling around the car. I could go on, but I would hate to spoil your fun - it would be like telling what is going to happen at the end of the chapter !!

Because of what they do do (and very well too), we forgive them what they don't do very well. Calling it "character" makes it less painful along the way !!

And by the way, please stop smashing up your cars so the factory can get back to making some for other people besides you guys ! :D

Giles.
:bow:
I know exactly what you mean. I have a '62 Tr 4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts