The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my August 10 issue of Auto Express (a UK magazine). The front announces and shows a picture of the 2006 supercoupe that lotus is building. The story shows more photos. It is to sell for $90,0000 and will have 300bhp.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Maybe this new model is based on the M250 and is supposed to fit in between the Elise/Exige and the Esprit. I thought the M250 prototypes were simply beatifull! and hope that lotus will revive that model maybe with an E... name to it to continue with tradition instead of M250.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The last Esprit weighed 3000 lbs. and had 350 hp.

If the next Esprit only has 300 hp, it would have to weigh under 2600 lbs. to have the same power to weight ratio.

Actually, that sounds pretty good to me. :D

Take the Elise, make it ~10% larger, add 50% more horsepower and double the torque, sprinkle with a few more luxuries and you'd have a pretty desirable exotic.

·
Registered
637 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
Maybe this new model is based on the M250 and is supposed to fit in between the Elise/Exige and the Esprit. I thought the M250 prototypes were simply beatifull! and hope that lotus will revive that model maybe with an E... name to it to continue with tradition instead of M250.
All lotii have internal project numbers starting "M", for example the original elise was type M111 before it became the elise.

Craigy

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
That's obviously a photoshopped Vauxhall Vx220.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It looks like a Vauxnoble, I think they need to do some work on the styling. I'm sure this is just what the magizine "thinks" it will look like.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Auto Express is usually full of cr4p.

I'm not saying there's no new lotus - just that this information is coming froma pretty dubious source.

I agree that the car looks like a very dodgy photoshopped VX220.

Craigy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts