The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"The company is appointing 35 new dealers across Europe, and is working fast to achieve full type approval for its mainstream models so they can be sold in the US."

The article

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Don't know if it's just marque sensitive but the guys on seloc say the build quality is awful, course maybe coming to the US this would change, they do make some gorgeous cars.
Chris

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow. Definitely a changing point - sounds like either the end or a new beginning for TVR. Pretty radical move. I didn't know the new owner was only 24?!?!?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Didn't an EliseTalker that just came from across the pond have a TVR over there? I'm sure we could get a review from her.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hey. How about a recent picture. What this guy looked like in High School is irrelevant. :D ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
transio said:
i think it was speedracergirl
It was me. I've had 2 TVR's, a Tuscan and a T350C. Both fantastic, ZERO reliability problems for me, although not everyone is so lucky. I can't wait for them to come here so I can get another English car in the garage. :cool: Then I'll start saving for the Aston. Damn, my country makes some fiiiiine vehicles! :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
TVRs were sold in the US a while back -- mid-80s, perhaps??? A Dodge dealer in Rockville, MD, used to sell them. Or, more appropriately, not sell them. When the marque folded here, the dealer was stuck with a lot-full of TVRs. I recall going in about 2 years later, and asking to test-drive one. The salesman told me he'd have a hard time finding one with a good battery, but he did.

I asked "what model year is this". His response? "Whatever year you buy it, that's the model-year we put on it." So I guess I could have had the US's only 1985 TVR (or whatever year that was)!

I took the car for a drive, and I recall being very unimpressed with the build quality. The pop-up headlights fluttered in the breeze as we drove, and the whole thing just underwhelmed me. But it was a nice-looking car!:D

·
Registered
677 Posts
pinmagic said:
TVRs were sold in the US a while back -- mid-80s, perhaps??? A Dodge dealer in Rockville, MD, used to sell them. Or, more appropriately, not sell them. When the marque folded here, the dealer was stuck with a lot-full of TVRs. I recall going in about 2 years later, and asking to test-drive one. The salesman told me he'd have a hard time finding one with a good battery, but he did.

I asked "what model year is this". His response? "Whatever year you buy it, that's the model-year we put on it." So I guess I could have had the US's only 1985 TVR (or whatever year that was)!

I took the car for a drive, and I recall being very unimpressed with the build quality. The pop-up headlights fluttered in the breeze as we drove, and the whole thing just underwhelmed me. But it was a nice-looking car!:D
TVR History in North America and the USA...

http://www.tvrna.com/pictures2.html
http://www.tvrna.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts