·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The tips look fine. Kinda purposeful. Not too big or flashy. I like the more rectangular/oval reflectors instead of the large round ones.

I could get used to the badge and small lettering.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That shifter seems very long. :eek:

I like the vents.

Where is the passenger airbag we hard about?

Seats look nice all leather.

That sill is sure going to get scraped up. Hmmmm....

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Which one is the starter button?

Is there going to be a boot on the bottom of the shifter and it's just not there now?

I didn't realize that the glove box was really a glove shelf. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am surprised at how much I like this color too.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Which one is the starter button?

Is there going to be a boot on the bottom of the shifter and it's just not there now?

I didn't realize that the glove box was really a glove shelf. :)
That's still the Euro interior.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That makes more sense. I thought the radio was supposed to be moved too.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks good. I agree that the exhaust tips look fine. Is this Bordeaux Red?

By the way, did you want to explain the source of the pictures?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's hard to tell from the angles, but I am not as happy about the new roof angles past the vents in the front view, but it may be more because of reflection?

In this next pic, it looks fine I think.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is Bordeaux Red. I added the reference to the source of the pics. I copied them to my server since you can not hotlink to the Epson album.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The front view makes the vents look like one solid piece of plastic, not good. Hopefully better looking in person. Hadn't notice it before, looks like front tires have mudflaps. The leather does look much better then the Euro version.

edit - Just notice they spread the pedals out a bit , compare to the Euro Elise. So no more worries about big feet, hopefully the egro are ok, heel & toe...

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks, guys. This color is intriguing. Less flashy than the Saffron Yellow that I may be getting. I'll have to run this one by the wife for her consideration.

I also find that I could live with the badge and small lettering, as Randy indicated. But the large lettering across the back would be ok too.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that raised bit for the front license plate different than the Euro version?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
LarryB said:
The leather does look much better then the Euro version.
These are the european 2004 model seats with the different stitching compared to the 2001-2003 models.

Interior is 100% european Elise. Non-airbag steering wheel and radio in current location.

Lack of a shifter boot shows that it's a development car.

'long' gearstick? Not really. Just looks that way. Always seems long in the Elise because there's so little covering.

Edited to say: Hmm.. Interesting.. The doors seem to have gained some rubber seals along the front edge. My car only has the rubber seals on the car body and not the doors..

Bye, Arno.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,117 Posts
Cool.

I think the raised panels are acceptable. The exhaust tips are not too cool. I'd prefer them to angle down as seen on the prototypes. Oh well. Not really a big deal anyhow.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I could do without that extra bulge on the front end to mount the front license plate. Can't imagine the front plate mounted there without spoiling the look of the car. Although California law requires one, I'm not planning to add mine. I've been noticing that lots of cars go without.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
jml1952 said:
I could do without that extra bulge on the front end to mount the front license plate.
Ditto on that, I think they should leave undrilled spots like Porsche does for a bracket which would be hidden by the plate anyway. This way the look is undisturbed for those of us who are not required to have a front plate.

Also, nice little decal on the "B" pillar with the wing and the E.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts