The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
very interesting...dont think I have seen any other straight throughs... I wonder how it would sound with the larini header and decat... and more importantly what sort of numbers that would produce

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I'm running it on our Exige now. It sounds and looks good. Larini has tested it and seen a 5+hp gain.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
We are only running the muffler itself with the stock cat and header. I wanted to be able to confirm the sound levels compared to our other offerings. It will be coming off soon as I normally run the 5 element diffuser with no exhaust cut-out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
just ordered it! :coolnana:

how different does this exhaust sound as comapred to the other Larini thru the diffuser exhaust that was priced at $725?

·
Registered
410 Posts
We are only running the muffler itself with the stock cat and header. I wanted to be able to confirm the sound levels compared to our other offerings. It will be coming off soon as I normally run the 5 element diffuser with no exhaust cut-out.
I was considering the Arqray twin muffler for my '07 S. From the looks of the Larini 'S' Clubsport, it appears to be a copy of the Arqray. How does the new muffler sound compared to the Arqray twin? Is it louder?
Also, why is it $400 cheaper than the Arqray?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Shinoo,

Before removing it, would it be possible to get some sound clips (preferably video) of the exhaust in this configuration i.e. "Larini 'S' Clubsport muffler" with stock cat and header?

The videos (sound clips really) should include:

• drive-by accelerating
  • drive-by decelerating (no braking – just removing foot from throttle)
  • parked with varying revs
  • varied driving speeds and revs from inside the vehicle

I am very interested in the "gurgle-and-pop" acoustic characteristic of this particular exhaust!

Please could you update the “Exhaust Comparison Sheet” to include this Larini 'S' Clubsport Muffler?

It would be extremely helpful if you could provide this! :)

jpkeyzer

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was considering the Arqray twin muffler for my '07 S. From the looks of the Larini 'S' Clubsport, it appears to be a copy of the Arqray. How does the new muffler sound compared to the Arqray twin? Is it louder?
Shinoo,

I was also looking at the "Arqray Twin Muffler"!

These are great questions and I too look forward to your answers.

jpkeyzer

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
just ordered it! :coolnana:

how different does this exhaust sound as comapred to the other Larini thru the diffuser exhaust that was priced at $725?
Sound is similar. Our first batch is clearing Customs now. Should have them by the end of the week or early next.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
The Arqray is not as ideal for the supercharged cars. The Larini features a larger 2.5" straight through design. The Larini has a deeper tone compared to the Arqray.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Shinoo,

Before removing it, would it be possible to get some sound clips (preferably video) of the exhaust in this configuration i.e. "Larini 'S' Clubsport muffler" with stock cat and header?

The videos (sound clips really) should include:

• drive-by accelerating
  • drive-by decelerating (no braking – just removing foot from throttle)
  • parked with varying revs
  • varied driving speeds and revs from inside the vehicle

I am very interested in the "gurgle-and-pop" acoustic characteristic of this particular exhaust!

Please could you update the “Exhaust Comparison Sheet” to include this Larini 'S' Clubsport Muffler?

It would be extremely helpful if you could provide this! :)

jpkeyzer

Thx for calling me. That is the best way to get my attention. I have not been able to keep up with the boards. Let me see what I can do about a sound clip.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
We've not tested it but I think Larini has since they are claiming a 6hp gain. I've requested their graph. Truthfully, most cat-back systems are generally only good for weight reduction and sound improvements! :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The Arqray has impeccable build quality. The welds on my twin muffler look like a jeweler did them. Arqray is usually more expensive than others, but the product is top notch.

Another thing to consider is how they flow. There is more than just pipe diameter difference to consider between the two twin mufflers. Size of the cans, fill, etc. all contribute to how a muffler flows. I'm guessing that the Larini is ligher than the Arqray due to the coffee can like perforations on the cans. Allows them to go thinner and retain strength.

Everyone I've known with a Larini has been happy with it and considered it to have a good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
subscribed! My Larini sport is a little loud and tinny for my taste, I'm hoping this is quieter and fuller sounding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As someone who's paid ~$3K for a Tubi, $820 is cheap! I ordered one this AM. (The Tubi was worth it though :D)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts