The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope Lotus has some tricks up their sleeve with their replacement Evora/Elise/Exige with this coming to the market. This definitely looks like a next generation 4C and I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
It's the Maserati sound we all are waiting to listen to!!

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
looks fantastic, but if the estimated initial price is right ($160k) I hope that I don't end up finding Lotus is a direct competitor in the elise/exige segment (b/c I'll be priced out of the market)

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
According to C&D, will make 600 HP and prices will start at $160k, so I think you are looking at $180k before this actually hits the road (in 2001 I put down a deposit on the then-new Quattroporte. I was told by Maserati the price would be similar to a BMW 740, then around $75k-ish. When it finally came out for 2003, it was $105k).

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
I just read this in Car and Driver:
"The first MC20s will use a new twin-turbo V-6 rumored to make more than 600 horsepower, with torque routed through an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic."

Shame. I will not buy it unless its manual....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I really hope Lotus has some tricks up their sleeve with their replacement Evora/Elise/Exige with this coming to the market. This definitely looks like a next generation 4C and I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe this originally was supposed to be the new Alfa 8C and it's based on the 4C but with Alfas struggles it was dropped and Maserati picked it up.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Regardless, its a brilliant design. The price point is MUCH more appropriate for a Maserati. Alfa Romeo is actually doing pretty darn well with 2 of the MOST exceptional driving vehicles in their respective classes with reliability that is actually very sound. They are the testing ground for new FCA products. Sergio was overly ambitious with the numbers he proposed that Alfa would sell. He had no idea of the overall retraction the vehicle marketplace would experience. I have a Maserati and an Alfa. Maserati is 100% perfect so far. Alfa needed a rear hatch switch replaced under warranty. Took 10 minutes.....99% of the issues are electrical and, once again like Lotus, we can point to the damn Varta batteries. Dealer put a new Interstate in mine before I ever took delivery and no probs whatsoever.
I would hope the Maserati succeeds and it allows a 4C to continue to be made. The lack of a manual is a non issue to me in the year 2020. Due to resistance by Lotus to give us the Exige V6S,400,etc, that 4C stays on my short list.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Hmmm, yea,.......pretty much exactly although size wise I'd say a balls to the wall Evora 600! The tranny in the 4c executes extremely well on track. A bit harsh on street but...who cares, still better than most supposedly expert manual shifters.

·
Registered
2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
210 Posts
I hope you guys got 320k in the bank for routine services and oil change. 160k only gets you the rolling chassis for 6 months if you are lucky. 🤣

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
Yikes that thing has taken all the best from the Exige and 4C... and gave it the grunt they lack oem. What a wiked machine! Hope to see one in person someday if/when it happens

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Sorry but modern Maseratis have become as reliable as any Buick I've seen lately. The Levante has not yet had even one recall etc. Except for the occasional leaky valve cover gasket, our GTS is also bullet proof reliable. Now that the actuator issue from the early cars has been resolved. Easy to work on as well. In 2 years, my Stelvio needed a switch for rear hatch changed. Initial design did not allow enough space if a grain sand got between them so they bind. Nothing close to the wire harness issues like some Evora etc or Oil cooler lines like the Elise.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
looks fantastic, but if the estimated initial price is right ($160k) I hope that I don't end up finding Lotus is a direct competitor in the elise/exige segment (b/c I'll be priced out of the market)
If it's like every other Maserati, just wait three years and you'll find used ones for like $3.50.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
If it's like every other Maserati, just wait three years and you'll find used ones for like $3.50.
Still out of reach for you though.

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
Maserati's brand identity has confused me lately compared to their earlier history. My first thought was "this will be a GT, not a pure sports car" because Maserati seems to have been throttled back lately. But on second look it appears to offer something designed to be exciting again. They haven't had one of those since the Gran Tourismo. Anyway, I like it but I won't be buying one of the first. I did that last time and learned that patience is a virtue with unpopular marques and Maserati has topped the depreciation list. Maybe this car will be the charmer they need.

If you look at it as a Turbo or GT3 competitor, depending how it turns out, it doesn't seem all that expensive. Not for me but neither is a factory new GT3.

V8 would have been nice in the spec.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
V8 weight is the enemy in 2020. I will be driving one of the first ones when released, so says my dealer!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts