6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do for work?

I am a network admin!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
194 Posts
Go Army beat Navy! Been the Military route for 11 years. Used to be a 19D Cav Scout and then after about 7 and a half years I switched over to the dark side (HR). My body was breaking down at a accelerating rate due to all the ruck marches, super high speed pt, jumping out of helicopters and all that fun stuff that goes along with it.

DSC00233.JPG

DSC00721.JPG

DSC00716.JPG

·
Registered
261 Posts
Databases these days. Big ones, relatively speaking. Vertica mostly.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Modeling and Simulation analyst for a small defense contractor. Mostly using FEA code to find out if/when/why things break for all different kinds of DoD programs

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
194 Posts
Gonna ignite a rivalry here, I'm military as well, but wanted to not do all those things that were destroying the solider up there, so I joined the Air Force. 7 years in.
If I was smart I would have joined the Chair Force :D

Reactions: RoHo and BForbes

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
194 Posts
Haha yeah. Respect for the other military branches, but this chair is comfortable!
I got equal love for all the branches. No matter what branch your in, you've sucked the suck and been through hell.

Reactions: BForbes

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
... i was in the Marines in a former life! :LOL: (thank you to the Squids for giving me a few rides along the way...)

but currently I'm a Software Developer/Engineer.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
This year I finished up managing a project that put all of our company's applications into the cloud. Currently I manage a small team that handles development for ERP and Business Analytics.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,372 Posts
I manage a Family Office group. If anyone wants to talk about anything family office related (bookkeeping, accounting, estate planning, wealth management, family education, family owned businesses, etc.) drop me a PM.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
2 Posts
I’m a Continuous Improvement Engineer working for a small aerospace company in Southern California.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I run a small company that focuses on Sales Analytics (we help large hotel companies figure out how to generate more business from both existing customers and new prospects, based on analysis of customer buying trends). It's been a great business for many years, but right now our hotel clients are going through a rough patch, and so we are too. The good news is that for the first time in 20 years of running my own company, I actually have a little free time on my hands, and I use most of that time to work on, and drive, my little Lotus Elise. So this pandemic has had a silver lining for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fin Systems Analyst for Walt Disney out in So. Cal

Go Army beat Navy! Been the Military route for 11 years.
I come from a long line (going back something like 100 years) of #midshipmen, including dad and bro.. them's fightin' words :D

1 - 20 of 106 Posts