The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard any recent info about the next generation Elise? I think it was rumored for a 2012 release?

I ask because I've been thinking that I don't really like the Evora that much -not the design or the power to weight and especially at that price point (I'm figuring mid-$70 with options). When I saw the Elise, it knocked my sock off but I look at the Evora and don't get the same giddyness.

I'm committed to my Audi TT until 4/2011 so I was just curious. Suddenly 2011 doesn't seem as far away.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Any idea if they are going to do a styling change for the next production model? I noticed that each year had very small changes. But when they change generations it's a very drastic styling change.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very possible. The Elise and Exige haven't had a styling change since they arrived here in 2004. And, I'm not sure if the S2 ever had a styling change. Maybe a face lift will get them a few more years out of the current S2's design.

I wonder if they'll incorporate the Evora's side sill to make getting in and out more easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts