The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some of us who get updates on LT will have more info this way. ??

EVERYONE'S wondering how the parking is being handled... some of us got tickets, someone said we just have to get them punched every time we go in / out of the deck.....another said they just pulled in....someone else just got it added to the room..... :shrug::shrug::shrug: anyone know ?

Where is the show on Saturday morning ? concourse ........:shrug:

By the way....don't try & use the computers in the business center....they should've been thrown out about 7 years ago rotfl they are 150 % useless.....use your own laptop ( if you managed to fit it in your car ).

Anyone have anything to add ?? ...... OH... La Peeps is GREAT for breakfast.... out of the front of the hotel....turn left 2 blocks....on the opposite side of the street.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I try and found out about parking and let you know. :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ok kestrel i talked to chrisN.

He said everyone should either Valet or park in the parking garage around the side of the building.

He said its like $18 a night to park in the garage. So however the hotel handles that is however they handle it.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Heh.. talked to someone at the front desk this morning and she said it was free for the Lotus owners....rotflrotfl who knows...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUT some pictures from Walker Racing this morning.... this is for all the people who didn't come. LOTS of Lotus cars !!! :up::coolnana:

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a couple more....

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and a Lotus that doesn't start with an " E " ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Departing in less than 30 minutes.

Cya guys there. :nanner:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
BTW kestrol

Heres Terry's number. He's there and very helpful if you have any questions.

Terry
317-443-9695

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
You here yet? Some of us are getting together (the usual group) to maybe play some cards.

Give us a call: Five 1 2 Two Eight Nine 4 Zero Two Zero

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,952 Posts
Hey,

I haven't had any probs with the parking. (Well maybe, reaching the ticket button on the way in...but that's typical in the Lotus)

Boy its HUMID here!

I rode to Walker Racing in the Lotus Omega with Ron...great car. Lotsa grunt. Neither of us could figure out the car's Lucas trip computer though...:shrug:

When we arrived in the Omega at Walker, the helpful employee said "park that rental car behind there" NOT! :crazyeyes

Arnie Johnson, Dave Simpkin, all our old acquaintances... Just a great time so far! Clive Chapman came in last night too... and was quickly coerced into walking off with the display chassis from the lobby by Richard Parramint! :rolleyes: (Yes they put it back before the Barber Motorsports guys raised an alarm)

Haven't seen any LT screen names on badges.

Oh well, today's the Concours at the Speedway....time to get some o'that buffet breakfast.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carbuff... I'm in the CO Elise with Mich plate LATRLGS stop on by and say hi !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OH by the way............ LOTS of COOL license plates !!!! I won't post them on here ( someone may not want theirs posted ) ....but I've seen a lot I've never seen before in the license plate thread.

·
Registered
836 Posts
we are at the IMS now. Slow lap around the track but fun!

Got the pictures taken and off to lunch.

Parked in the Elise section if anyone else here reads this

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a great day !!! The gathering this morning was amazing..... The city of Indianapolis was very cooperative in shutting down the circle around the monument..... and the drive to IMS was cool too ( going through all the red lights )..... motorcycle cops had every intersection closed down so the Lotus procession could stay together. Some more pics:

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One from last nights evening reception...

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AND.............the ONLY Krypton Green here ( Micks )

Attachments

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Keep 'em coming John, I'm living vicariously through you......

1 - 20 of 60 Posts