The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether you have lost your job or are just looking for a new one, I thought we should have a place to offer up our job skills to this Lotus community.

If even just one person makes a contact here that lands them a job, it will have been worth it.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
like posting a resume/? or just a blatant solicitation of skills and field?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'm looking for a new one to be honest, as far as skills go im good on computers :shrug: and can make websites and website graphics

cool idea :)

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Whether you have lost your job or are just looking for a new one, I thought we should have a place to offer up our job skills to this Lotus community.

If even just one person makes a contact here that lands them a job, it will have been worth it.
i suggested this awhile back, it fell on deaf ears.
im glad perhaps now the idea will carry more weight coming from you.
we have a lot of connected people here, people who might be able to help others find positions.
the problem is just such a scarcity of open jobs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
As I just mentioned in another thread, I was recently laid off from Wizards of the Coast. The parent company mandated shedding of several million from the budget. The timing was awful as my group was about to release a highly anticipated project we'd been working on all year. I'd put together the team, lead the design work, lead the development team, and done a fair share of developing on it too. It was essentially done and I was pulled out of a meeting where I was calling for some last minute tweaks to the graphics to be let go. Rather disappointing.

Anyway, so I'm looking for work as a Director of Engineering / Sr. Software Development Manager, preferably in the gaming, ecommerce, or online industry. I would also be interested in a Lead Software Developer position if the opportunity was exciting enough. I've been doing this stuff for years and have a decent resume behind me. I'm not necessarily cheap, but I can be flexible for the right placement (I took a 75k pay cut to move to Wizards as the chance to be in the gaming industry piqued my interest).

Despite bold claims I might make, I am considered well grounded. When looking for work, I try to be direct and confident, please don't mistake that for foolish arrogance.

If any of you are willing to review my resume, I'd appreciate the feedback. If anyone knows anyone in the gaming industry in the Seattle area, please point them my way. I am directly tied to the Seattle area and cannot relocate, though I would be willing to telecommute.

The resume is very much a work in progress.

Oh, and for the lotustalk folk, pretend my qualifications also list 'and I drive a lotus'. =)

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well I'm out of work.

I'm a software guy. I've been involved with the internet since the early days, I was making web solutions before Netscape existed, and internet apps for the pc while Microsoft was calling it a passing fad. Later I moved to ecommerce where I was with the company that pioneered selling software online and then the first company to do secure online transactions. After that I bounced around a bit doing contracting and working for JP Morgan Chase before ending up where I've been for the past 5 years, doing online gaming projects for Wizards of the Coast. (I led the Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons teams)

Looking for work, preferably in gaming or ecommerce, as a Sr. Software Manager/Director of Engineering, or even as a Lead Developer for an interesting enough project. Posted my resume here.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Stickied

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What we here do for work.

After seeing a few here get laid off, or like me are vary slow, and with the economy the way it is going, I figure why not have a place here to share what we do. Post what you do and/or your résumé. Someone here may want/need or know someone that wants/needs what you do. Could be a way to get a lead or get hooked up with something new.

As for where to post this I’m going for member forum but if a moderator thinks this should be somewhere else please move.
I am (vary) far from a creative writer so feel free to add to/change this, like the title, in any way so as to make this thread better.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I’ll go first.
I am a contractor, mainly pools/spas and other out door stuff. Like drive ways and BBQs to tennis/basket ball courts. I will post a few pick of some of my work. All my old costumers have stopped doing new projects because of the economy and the few new things I had lined up over the last 7 month all canceled. I have been doing some handy man stuff and looking for other work. I go from San Diego to Ventura but can travel more for the right project. Do mostly my own designs but if you have a design already that’s good too.
A friend of mine is in Nashville TN and I am planning on visiting him to help him on his house (he has 2 acres and a f-ed up pool that needs some work) and have a look around there for maybe starting up something there.

I will put some pics up soon.

I hope this thread works and is appropriate on LT.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm pleased to see this thread launched. I've been laid off since October and having spent my life in the car business, the only hits I've had were "word of mouth". It doesn't really matter what you do for a living- out of work is out of work. If anyone in the Vegas area has a tip, I'd be thankful. At any rate, here's the resume. Thanks,Neal.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm not necessarily "actively" looking, but that doesn't mean I'm ever opposed to keeping an open mind / open ears either!! :up:

What the heck - I could easily be found with a quick Google Search anyway, so "privacy" be darned!! ;)

HERE'S a link to my "public profile" on LinkedIn. For those of you who are already members/subscribers there - feel free to further click on the See Full Profile button / link.

I think this thread is a great Idea, and should probably be made for at least a little bit, a "sticky"! :cool:

Cheers,
-Grant

By-the-way, I post this too, as I firmly believe this door swings BOTH ways. I am happy to assist anyone with referals within my industry (primarily Capital Markets and Residential Mortgage - although not the strongest segments right now either, obviously - but if that is your background and where you are looking, and I can help, I **WILL**!). ...As I do have at least some very strong, and wide-reaching well-established CONTACTS anyway, based on how long I've "been in (and stuck apparently) this gig". So if any of even my contacts can help anyone - please feel free to reach out to me, and I'd be glad to help any fellow LT'er out if I can.

P.S. - Yes, Shinnoo Mapleton is one of my "Connections" on there as well, so clearly we're not alone in the perspective of cross-indexed professional and LT / Enthusiasts communities intermingling either. For those who aren't familiar with LinkedIn, it's a great networking / contacts tool I'd also highly reccomend as well. FWIW.

·
Registered
773 Posts
1 - 20 of 105 Posts