The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is devoted to discussing the Olympics.

So who saw the basketball game today? The U.S. team was really good! I feel sorry for Yao though, he was really looking forward to this.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I didn't see the basketball, I did see the Mens 4 x 100 Freestyle relay where the US came back to beat the French in the last 50 m. That was an amazing race. Just got back from posting on that in the "USA captures Gold" thread, heh. ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There is one thing that will overshadow virtually any point of the olympic games... The opening ceremony! It was absolutely phenomenal, stunning, and inspiring! I just can't see the US ever pulling off something like that. There would be too many companies asking 'how much can we make off of it' instead of the one thing that I saw pouring out: Absolute national pride from Beijing!

2008 drums in harmony doing the ritual beats without a conductor...in the dark no less! The myriad of very complex patterns throughout the LED lit arena, the 2008 martial artists making the Bruce Lee movies look like they were missing a few thousand students... and again, no conductor, just precision. I just can't see the US pulling off anything like that in the near future.

The games themselves will probably be good, but after that beginning it's going to be hard for them to measure up!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I didn't see the basketball, I did see the Mens 4 x 100 Freestyle relay where the US came back to beat the French in the last 50 m. That was an amazing race. Just got back from posting on that in the "USA captures Gold" thread, heh. ;)
:clap:
One of the top athletic achievements of the century so far! Chopping 4 seconds off a 15 hour old world record... unheard of. And the anchor leg...
:clap::up::clap:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
There is one thing that will overshadow virtually any point of the olympic games... The opening ceremony! It was absolutely phenomenal, stunning, and inspiring! I just can't see the US ever pulling off something like that. There would be too many companies asking 'how much can we make off of it' instead of the one thing that I saw pouring out: Absolute national pride from Beijing!

2008 drums in harmony doing the ritual beats without a conductor...in the dark no less! The myriad of very complex patterns throughout the LED lit arena, the 2008 martial artists making the Bruce Lee movies look like they were missing a few thousand students... and again, no conductor, just precision. I just can't see the US pulling off anything like that in the near future.

The games themselves will probably be good, but after that beginning it's going to be hard for them to measure up!

I didn't get to see it, and I forgot to record it. Hopefully there will be some way to watch it again. Youtube is filled with lame slide-shows.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

It was impressive, but hardly something the US, or many other countries. isn't capable of. True, our sponsors want to make the money, but the Chinese spent over 100 times the amount spent for the opening ceremonies in Athens. That and they have an almost infinite supply of very, very, very cheap labor.

Yeah, pride in Beijing...this is the city where for the last year they had to create and enforce laws against all kinds of expectorating and other discharges in public, as well as controlling other forms of conduct that the rest of the world would find offensive if not repulsive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cheating

I am amazed at how obvious it is that the Chinese have falsified the ages of their female gymnasts. The minimum age allowed is 16. There is no way,, no how a couple of those "children" are anywhere close to 16. One of them is not over 12 and another can't be beyond 14. It's a joke.. When you see our "womans" gymnastics team you have no doubts that we actually brought women to compete. I swear if the chinese girls were any younger the coach would have to change diapers. Either drop the age requirement,, or bust that team for not following the rules.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I am amazed at how obvious it is that the Chinese have falsified the ages of their female gymnasts. The minimum age allowed is 16. There is no way,, no how a couple of those "children" are anywhere close to 16. One of them is not over 12 and another can't be beyond 14. It's a joke.. When you see our "womans" gymnastics team you have no doubts that we actually brought women to compete. I swear if the chinese girls were any younger the coach would have to change diapers. Either drop the age requirement,, or bust that team for not following the rules.
Agreed; I thought the same thing. There is NO WAY their team is of legal age.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i agree opening cermonies were the best ever - the US allways has the worst opening ceramonies, we have no culture to go back too, so we just do mainstream entertainment with little creativity.

mens 4x100 was awesome - the anchor leg.... amazing, fastest split ever, and it had to be, lezak was the best - too bad hes not the media darling!

womens road race was really goood.

i don't watch basketball... i think its a silly springfield mass thing :)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The new dope has new side effects... ;-)

'Greg
Could be. You never know what the village alchemists are cooking up over there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
:rolleyes:

Yeah, and people thought I was 18 or in my early 20s when I'm 30 already.. It's an asian thing. Look at the team captain for the gymnastic team, she's suppose to be 20 but she doesn't look it either.. I think it has more to do with height than anything, those girls are tiny.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
it is difficult to grow and mature at 12years old when your working out for 10 hours a day.

someone in everything cheats - maybe they have falsh document and identies, maybe not, maybe just one or two - maybe... who knows?! no way to prove it either way.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
someone in everything cheats - maybe they have falsh document and identies, maybe not, maybe just one or two - maybe... who knows?! no way to prove it either way.
Especially since their birth certificates are in Chinese. Who can read that stuff anyway?! :D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Could be. You never know what the village alchemists are cooking up over there.
And we didn't have BALCO in the US? The Clean and the Clear were given those names for a reason. There have been drugs in sports forever, I don't think this is suddenly going to be the one year there isn't.rotfl

Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tetrahydrogestrinone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like when after getting caught athletes like to play ignorant and they thought they were just being give vitamen supplements or a flax seed oil type deal. Cause everyone takes their flax seed by injecting it into their @ss, right? lol.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Bummer that the girl singing wasn't deemed prettyenough to be the face of the opening ceremony. Terrific lies LOL.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bummer that the girl singing wasn't deemed prettyenough to be the face of the opening ceremony. Terrific lies LOL.
It would be rather funny to just walk up and say "How does it feel to be Milli Vanilli'd?"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts