The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the largest, if not THE largest British Car meet in the mid Atlantic is this Sunday, June 1 in Adamstown, MD.

This meet usually brings out a very nice mix of modern and vintage Lotus.

CCNEMGTR

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great day!

The weather was outstanding, there must have been close to 400 Brit cars today.

Good, but not as good as in the past, Lotus showing. Two Lotus clases: Classic to 1980 and modern 1981 and later.

Classic class had three VERY nice Europas (there was a JPS Europa in the spectator lot who didn't enter the show, I offered to pay the registration to get it on the field), and a gorgeous S1 Type 14 Elite, possibly the best looking car of all time! The Elite won, my Europa took second.

Modern Lotus included 2 Turbo Esprits, 2 Esprit Turbos, (yes, there is a difference), 2 Evoras, 4 Elises, and two Exiges. All very nice!

Having 4 Europas in restored condition in one place is nearly unheard of...even at LOG!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good show myself. Your Europa was as beautiful as ever, but you're right... that Elite stole the show.

On a side note, there was a Lotus Seven on another part of the grounds.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it was a pretty good show myself. Your Europa was as beautiful as ever, but you're right... that Elite stole the show.

On a side note, there was a Lotus Seven on another part of the grounds.
Glad you made it!

Actually, that was a Westfield '7', a Lotus replica. That is why it was parked over with the misc. cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts