The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side window on my 2013 Evora S is possessed. I was driving and got to an intersection where I wanted to make a left hand turn. The light was yellow so I dove into the corner and the made it before it went red. Felling good about the great handling of the Evora I continued on. About 10 seconds later, the passenger side window went down. I tried to close it with the button and it didn't work. So, I drove with it open until I got to a parking lot, shut the car off, started again and the button worked and the window went up. I started to drive away and the window went down at 3-4 inch intervals then went to be fully opened. Again, button did not work. When I stopped at a light, the button worked again. So, some more debugging it seemed the windows would go on deceleration (braking, lift the gas pedal quickly) and the button work at a steady state (stopped). The next day when I went out in the car,I was able to recreated the situation. Until about 30 minutes later, I hit brakes and the window stayed up and the window button worked. That was 2 days ago and I have driven it each days without a re-occurrence of the problem.

So.... I was thinking a loose wire or maybe some wire insulation rubbed of. But now, not so sure. Any ideas? Should I take the passenger door card off and start there or look at the button/switch??

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Have you recently washed your car, or has it encountered any rain? Water can ingress into the window regulators, and cause all sorts of weird behavior, which tends to disappear once it dries out.

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not impossible as the car was outside one night (it normally is in the garage). I have washed the car many times and have driven it in the rain without a problem. But, that is a good thing to watch for when the car sees water in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts