The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just posted this same question in another thread but here it goes again:

I believe that in order to install a good set of air horns we are going to have to remove the front clam so does anyone have a good set of instructions on how to remove and replace the front clam? It would be nice to also get some tips or common mistakes problems in the r&r process.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Has anyone else installed air horns on their Elise yet? I bought the triple horns from Fiamm like the ones on Transio's post from the begining of this thread but I'm still wondering where to install. I'm leaning towards attaching it to the crash structure near the "mouth" air intake in the front of the car for the best possible sound.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Ivor, apogee,

This is definetelly a save your A$$ mod.

Please give us some details on the install as well as where you were able to purchase the nautilus. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I bought a Stebel Nautilus on ebay and hope it'll come in tomorrow so I can install it on Saturday or maybe early next week. Its supposed to be good for 139db.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Stan said:
>>>Its supposed to be good for 139db.<<<

I'm sure it's loud but that measurement was taken at 4 inches. At 2 meters it puts out about 115 dB, they say...
As long as its louder than stock I'll be happy. It could have saved me 6 weeks of down time on the Elise!
I wonder if the stock mounting location is somewhat at fault for muffling the sound of the horn...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Miguel said:
Fred did you get the air-horn and did you install it?

also I'm going to post the link to the griot's store where the red one is available unless they have color choices, but the online store doesn't have such option, price $39.99

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2500&L2=L2_2520&SKU=77839

Update:
Bought one but $10.99 shipping :(, well it's still worth it at $50.98.
Miguel,

The stebel along with some driving lights I bought are still sitting in a box waiting to be installed. Unfortunatelly this weekend is out again for work on the car as I'm leaving for a business trip Sunday morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.