The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Stan said:
Also, there tends to be a slight but noticeable lag between when you hit the horn buton and when the sound starts up and reaches full power.
I actually like that air lag, when the horns are run in tandem with the stock electromechanical buzzer.

A short rap or two on the horn gives a polite toot without enough time to get pressure to the horns -- just the thing to signal howdy or nudge someone without waking the dead. A steady press summons the full blast in anger.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I want a horn that DOES seem out of place on the Elise.
Something that commands respect and penetrates even the double-paned glass on a Navigator.

Something that can pierce Hummer body panels to reach power executives even while they're on the phone.

Preferably a horn strong enough to distort time and space, jam radio frequencies, and create gravity through sheer sonic energy.

A few dB isn't worth the wiring hassle.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nice writeup and pictoral Miguel.

I'm curious to know more about the sound, both level and tone. If you stand about two car-lengths away, is it louder than most cars or about the same? Any way to compare it to a stock Elise for impressions?

I'm looking for a big horn, but for all that work, would want one that's significantly better than stock.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.