The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The busted door glass thread got me thinking- what all do you guys cover with potential passengers on the 'pre-flight briefing'?

I make sure to mention to close the door very gently and not supporting their weight on the door or windshield when getting in and out.

What else do you talk with passengers about before giving them a ride?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I always ask if they weigh more than 350lbs.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
The old saying was never truer:

"Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On."

·
Registered
448 Posts
I solved all problem by selling my stock seats and just buying one CF seat. Also saved some lbs! ;)

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
I always ask if they weigh more than 350lbs.
If they even look like they weigh more than 200ish, they ain't getting in.

I tell the passengers how to get in and out and to wear the seat belts since I never have the roof on.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
wow....this thread sounds familiar .....
That's part of the preflight briefing.........along with not using the windshield as support.....( if you don't do that, might as well buy a windshield right away too )

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
GET IN SIT DOWN STRAP IN SHUT UP AND DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. Also gennntlleee AS THEY GET IN.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I ask them to get out as I've changed my mind. Joking.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
Seeing as I weigh 220lbs I resemble that remark lol.

Good thing I don't need yours to take a ride :)
Luckily, being in LA, the girls that ask for rides are generally svelte. The meatier girls get to ride in my Dodge Ram.:coolnana:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Luckily, being in LA, the girls that ask for rides are generally svelte. The meatier girls get to ride in my Dodge Ram.:coolnana:
I have managed to loose "svelte" from my lexicon.... I need to use it more often... A very "elise" word!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I always show women how to enter and exit the car gracefully, and to have them not grab the windshield or door. I note the handholds on the seats to help. Most women I know are limber enough that they can hop in more easily than I can! I always remind both guy and girlfriends not to slam the door, but to hold it and close it gently. I place their purses, backpacks, luggage, in the trunk, so as not to scratch the door panels or the soft aluminium surfaces. So far, no worries.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Seats.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts