The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking at picking up a real GTR, not some nissan ****box with the same name. damn that thing is ugly.

for you track guys why does the back end kick out when going through the tires, see 1:25-1.35.

did the the driver lift or what? my elise does not do that. looks scary.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKX2KZruc3E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKX2KZruc3E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
261 Posts
I thought about building an Ultima before buying the lotus. I decided I didnt have the spare time. If you buy used be sure the build is good quality. A nice build can easily run 100K but well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Your Elise DOES do that, but you have to be driving at the limit. From the video, it looks like he picked his foot up just enough to correct the line. Nothing out of the ordinary. A perfect example of mid-engine handling.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Your Elise DOES do that, but you have to be driving at the limit. From the video, it looks like he picked his foot up just enough to correct the line. Nothing out of the ordinary. A perfect example of mid-engine handling.
+1

It will be scary the first time it happens to you unexpectedly on a public street. Very scary. With track experience it becomes a normal, usable, even desirable method of controlling the path/direction of the vehicle.

xtn

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Perhaps he can find a "pretty" car that he knows how to drive. :rolleyes: As for the Nissan GT-R, I seriously doubt he has ever seen one in person let alone driven one, so he has no basis for bashing one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
looking at picking up a real GTR, not some nissan ****box with the same name. damn that thing is ugly.

for you track guys why does the back end kick out when going through the tires, see 1:25-1.35.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKX2KZruc3E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKX2KZruc3E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Oh man. Technically, the real GT-R is the Nissan, since the GT-R name dates back to the 70's. I would hardly consider the new GT-R a **** box, but to each their own...

Also, your Elise will do that if you push it hard enough thrugh a corner and lift. Maybe this car isnt the best idea for you? :shrug:

You do realize this is basically a race car that is "street legal," right? It will make the Elise look soft and downright luxurious...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Perhaps he can find a "pretty" car that he knows how to drive. :rolleyes: As for the Nissan GT-R, I seriously doubt he has ever seen one in person let alone driven one, so he has no basis for bashing one.
I've seen it in person as well as ride in it, and I have the utmost respect for the car. I don't think I would ever buy one myself, but you have to respect the sheer performance of the car. I'd love to have one for a few months.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Oh man. Technically, the real GT-R is the Nissan, since the GT-R name dates back to the 70's. I would hardly consider the new GT-R a **** box, but to each their own...

Also, your Elise will do that if you push it hard enough thrugh a corner and lift. Maybe this car isnt the best idea for you? :shrug:

You do realize this is basically a race car that is "street legal," right? It will make the Elise look soft and downright luxurious...
Yap the KPGC10 is the original GTR, besides the Altima isn't going to win any beauty contests. :shrug: Hopefully not another Nissan hater discussions surfacing. :wallbang:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
As for the Nissan GT-R, I seriously doubt he has ever seen one in person let alone driven one, so he has no basis for bashing one.

Have you? -poke-

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Have you? -poke-

... wait, yes you have (you bastard!) and admit it, it changed your mind, the car everyone loves to hate :D

Neil
Yeah, it convinced me to buy a Caterham :D

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Yeah, it convinced me to buy a Caterham :D
rotfl it's ok i can't even start to imagine you driving a GTR. Speaking of Caterhams I wanna see that thing in person someday. And for the love of God man... take that windshield off!!! :thwack: :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's called trailing throttle oversteer when done purposely to rotate the car as seen in your clip. When done accidently on an interstate on-ramp or at a HPDE track day by someone coming into a corner too quick and lifting near the limit, it's called snap oversteer or oh-crap-I-just-spun-my-car-and-smacked-a-wall oversteer. You're Elise will certainly do this as evidenced by the multitude of posts by people that have done just that.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
rotfl it's ok i can't even start to imagine you driving a GTR. Speaking of Caterhams I wanna see that thing in person someday. And for the love of God man... take that windshield off!!! :thwack: :D
Nah, GT-R doesn't have enough doors to make a practical daily driver for me and it's not fun enough to be a toy (besides the fact I could buy several cars for the price of the GT-R)

You get more wind in the face with the windscreen on ;)

Ultima GT-R is pretty sweet, have you seen that Yellow hard top that is around here? it is spectacular!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
powerbookguy- sweeet, so do you already some track days lined up for the year. Assuming you pull the trigger (would you keep the Elise?). Look forward to seeing it on track. :drool:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
powerbookguy- sweeet, so do you already some track days lined up for the year. Assuming you pull the trigger (would you keep the Elise?). Look forward to seeing it on track. :drool:
hey larry,

i would keep the elise. the car is currently at rob's getting an rtd brace, lightweight rotors, R888s and some other stuff. as soon as its done i will schedule some track days. do you have any days planned?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts