The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sent Dimmitt an email (haven't talked to them in a month). I was checking the status of my car. Below is the email.

A bit rude, don't you think? :huh: Cause I've only been waiting over a year, need to clean out half of my garage, need to sell my current car, get insurance, get a loan, and get my down payment money from the stock I'm selling. It'd be nice to have a clue when my car will be here.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 3:07 PM
To: Jeff Sterns
Subject: RE: Any word yet

NO, WHEN I CALL HIM HIS CAR IS HERE.

Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 3:06 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: Angel Seward
Subject: RE: Any word yet

got my (broke a/c - a ROCK hit a line) yellow demo and just got a (plastic still on it)bordeaux

ANGEL- status?
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 1:58 PM
To: Jeff Sterns
Subject: Any word yet

Hey Jeff, how's it going? Any word on my car. I spoke to Angel about a month or so ago and she at that time said my car was going to start being built within 2-3 weeks. That time has passed, is there any update?

Also, do you guys have any Elises on the lot now? If so, what colors? I was going to be in the area on Saturday and thought I'd maybe stop in.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I am not surprised that was said. I'm very surprised that email was sent on to you.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Sounds like Angel responded to the wrong person. Sort of saying out loud what you're thinking quietly. ;)

I can understand the frustration of the sale professionals being bombarded with waiter calls. However, it's not realistic to be surprise when people call to find the status of their cars.

If the only contact I had with my sale professional after the I placed my deposit in 8/2003 was more than a year later when he says, "Allan, your car's in." After a year an a half of waiting, my response would be, "Oh, never mind. I got something else."

Fortunately, Scottsdale Lotus has been really patience with customer calls and keeps us up dated. Makes the wait a little bit more bearable. :clap:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NMRJock said:
I am not surprised that was said. I'm very surprised that email was sent on to you.
Well, I like Jeff, he's the guy that forwarded it to me that works at Dimmitt. He probably thought it was no biggie, but I really need info on my car, if it was/is being built right now. Her response just threw me for a loop.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Ah...

Then I say it's not rude (though I expect she is now off your Christmas card list). She replied to Jeff, not you. And the error would be Jeff's in forwarding that email from her.

I think a lot of dealers are tired of people asking about their cars (not excusing any rudeness). Jeff should not have forwarded inter-office email.

To me, all email is private and should not be forwarded (using common sense of course) without permission. The same can also be said for posting private emails on a public forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
there was once a seinfeld about dealing with 'delicate geniuses'
it sounds like many lotus reps classify themselves as the delicate geniuses of the auto industry, not to be disturbed
just sit back and feel grateful you're even being considered to own a lotus
don't speak until you're spoken to

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allan Gibbs said:
Sounds like Angel responded to the wrong person. Sort of saying out loud what you're thinking quietly. ;)
No, she replied back to her boss, he forwarded that response to me.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Rock said:
there was once a seinfeld about dealing with 'delicate geniuses'
it sounds like many lotus reps classify themselves as the delicate geniuses of the auto industry, not to be disturbed
just sit back and feel grateful you're even being considered to own a lotus
don't speak until you're spoken to
...definately, not Penske material!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think a lot of dealers are tired of people asking about their cars (not excusing any rudeness).

Too bad if they're tired of people asking. Each customer must be treated as if they are their only customer.

Tidalwave, you now have proof of where you stand in their minds. "Thanks for the money, now don't waste our time." Sounds like your dealership has been to the same customer service classes my dealership has been to.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vangman said:
I think a lot of dealers are tired of people asking about their cars (not excusing any rudeness).

Too bad if they're tired of people asking. Each customer must be treated as if they are their only customer.

Tidalwave, you now have proof of where you stand in their minds. "Thanks for the money, now don't waste our time." Sounds like your dealership has been to the same customer service classes my dealership has been to.
Actually, my dealer has been very good up until this, which is why I was shocked.

But, not knowing about my car and the price increase has me out shopping tomorrow for another option.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Randy Chase said:
To me, all email is private and should not be forwarded (using common sense of course) without permission. The same can also be said for posting private emails on a public forum.
Best is to consider all email messages as potentially or virtually public. I avoid writing anything I would want published, even inter-office. You never know who or how someone might get copied.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
670 Posts
Out here in Lotus Free Los Angeles, we'd be happy to have every email begin and end with F*** OFF A**HOLE, if we could just get a car or a build date or even a dealership. Your lucky, you can worry about niceities.

Steve

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems that this is the popular way to treat customers these days... and even more unfortunate is the fact that so many are willing to accept that sort of treatment - effectively encouraging this behavior.

People are far too passive about being screwed and/or treated like ****.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
khamai said:
Best is to consider all email messages as potentially or virtually public. I avoid writing anything I would want published, even inter-office. You never know who or how someone might get copied.Kiyoshi
Not to mention e-mails on servers and hard drives can get subpoenaed and end up in the hands of lawyers digging for things.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I wouldn't say that's overly rude, just a bit typical. I think we really do expect too much from our dealers, I don't think they're used to dealing with obsessed fanatics like us.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
tidalwdave said:
Well, I like Jeff, he's the guy that forwarded it to me that works at Dimmitt. He probably thought it was no biggie, but I really need info on my car, if it was/is being built right now. Her response just threw me for a loop.
I think you may have just dropped Jeff in it big time...you may not see any more e-mails from him for a while. I know you are upset and I would be too but I am not sure this thread has helped your cause...

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Setting aside the point that Angel's email wasn't intended to be read by Tidalwave, it's still fair to say that Angel was rude to Jeff.

It was in all-caps, and the sentiment itself was rude -- inappropriate for inter-office communication.

If I received that kind of response from one of my coworkers (less senior, a peer, or more senior -- doesn't matter), I'd be pissed.

I would write back to Jeff, and let him know that Angel's attitude only corrodes customer faifth in the entire dealer organization. Of course, Jeff can't do anything about it, since he screwed up as soon as he forwarded the email.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
And then Dave forwarded it here...:no:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The last error would be in making the assumption that this one email, from one employee to another, represents the opinion and attitude of that entire dealership, or any other dealership, to any one or all wait listers.

To me, I would just assume Angel was having a bad day and realize that Angel was not building me a car, nor does she have to be my buddy. Just supply me the information I ask for and handle the deal smoothly.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
In almost three years of dealing with Wally at Star Motors I have not had one rude response and less than thoughtful answer. There is no excuse for rudeness with customers, they write the checks!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts