The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long list of problems that I have had to overcome since I bought the car in January, it gets worse. I was caught in a flash flood last month and ended up driving through a foot and a half of water, flooding the interior and cracking the front clam. Insurance was quick with the flood damage but wanted a second claim for the cracked clam. I managed to get that worked out with them but now what to do. The crack is on the left side of the plinth and appears fixable, but everybody I have talked to her in DFW wants to replace it not fix it. It seems silly that any time the clam is damaged even slightly it must be replaced.

Any suggestions would be great. And yes I have searched corvette forums, here and the internet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
If no body shops want to fix it try asking around at a marina (I have no idea if you live near water or just like driving through it) fixing a Lotus and fixing a cracked jet ski or bass boat is essentially the same. Then back to the body shop for paint.

·
Registered
796 Posts
google fiberglass repair in your area and as yellow99s said, a place that usually services boats, jet ski's and such will pop up on your results. that will be a cheap fix, then you can have them refer a painter to match the paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts