The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice car mopho. We have two. One is the BMW Laguna Seca blue powered by Turbo Miata powerplant. Other one, fully CF, is something we are building (well my hubby is), and it will have the full Cosworth motor and powertrain. Adding some pictures for you. My first time, lets see if it works. If you ever south, come over to our house for a cup of tea and drive. :)

Attachments

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now we'll never keep up! :D

-Sherry711- If you ever want to sell that blue one let me know.
Not for sale, but if you are in the San Diego area, I will take you out on it for a spin. Warning the blow off valve is really loud. Those young punks in their STI has nothing on my 7! :)

I am in Dana Point sometimes to visit my sister. If you are in that area, I will swing by and show you the Blue 7!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Nice car mopho. We have two. One is the BMW Laguna Seca blue powered by Turbo Miata powerplant. Other one, fully CF, is something we are building (well my hubby is), and it will have the full Cosworth motor and powertrain. Adding some pictures for you. My first time, lets see if it works. If you ever south, come over to our house for a cup of tea and drive. :)
Wow, that looks great! Recently drove one with a Cosworth Duratec motor, it was outrageous.
It sounds like a blat is being put together for next month down your way, will send you a PM

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that looks great! Recently drove one with a Cosworth Duratec motor, it was outrageous.
It sounds like a blat is being put together for next month down your way, will send you a PM
Thank you very much. Welcome to the club, though when I pronounce your screen name out loud, it sounds like a word my mother in Kansas wouldn't like very much.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hmmm.... that's not amature stuff, there! Is this a different sherry711? 'Cause there's someone over on MM getting Lotus help becuse her husband seemingly can't turn a wrench!

Re: CEL and Brake help
by sherry711 on Thu May 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Thank you guys for your quick reply.

Toolshed-I am not familiar with decat, as this is my first car with it on. I have the L shaped brakcet that I bought for 40 bucks, but looks like that isn't helping. My husband isn't much into cars, so I have no where to turn to except for online forums. So the thing you made, worked? If so, can you shed more light on where I can purchase the anti fouler device?

STAN-Thank you for your insightful post. How can I visually tell if there are enough pad material? Also doesn't the Elise have pads on the other side of the (inside) of the rotors? How would I check those with kneeling. Sorry my questions are very newbie, I am trying to learn. GIven my car has so 90% street miles, I was surprised that the car would need pads so soon.

I appreciate the input. Would it help if I could take pictures of the pads, for you guys to give me some input?

sherry711
:eek:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Funny - Insane beat me to it!

Sherry711, I have a question for you? On Moremonkey you posted this!

sherry711 said:
Thank you guys for your quick reply.

I am not familiar with decat, as this is my first car with it on. My husband isn't much into cars, so I have no where to turn to except for online forums.

STAN-Thank you for your insightful post. How can I visually tell if there are enough pad material? Also doesn't the Elise have pads on the other side of the (inside) of the rotors? How would I check those with kneeling. Sorry my questions are very newbie, I am trying to learn. GIven my car has so 90% street miles, I was surprised that the car would need pads so soon.
And here you posted this!

Nice car mopho. We have two. One is the BMW Laguna Seca blue powered by Turbo Miata powerplant. Other one, fully CF, is something we are building (well my hubby is), and it will have the full Cosworth motor and powertrain.
Then you post some questions that require some knowledge of automobiles!

Looks good. Two quesitons 1) Noticed you are running Falken Azenis. What sizes are you running? Does the diff sizes than LSS throw off the speed and gearing? 2) What did you do to the inner side sills (black part)? looks REAL shiny.
Isn't Kris from DRS the same guys that fried Peter's (KAZ here) motor 3 times?
used the transfer pump bought at Auto Zone.

I changed mine with Motul. AFter 15k miles, my tranny oil was still nice and golden. Guess didn't need it changed.

Tranny felt great OEM, and now with Motul still feels great.
For someone who knows nothing about cars you seem to know an awful lot!
But you don't know how to check your brake pads?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
lol

Forum members are reminded it is against the rules to create two user accounts. It is a bannable offense. Specially when done to mislead other forum members.

I find the whole situation recockulous as to why someone would pretend to be someone else.

I will later split off all this crap that has nothing to do with Mopho's thread as a courtesy to Mopho.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have an idea who it is and if true, it is really friggen creepy that this person is doing this
I also just realized a couple things here.
1.sherry711 is from CA, keeps mentioning cars to drive in CA. The pics posted have cars from CO.
2.I know the guy that has those cars...... does not add up! None of them have a Cosworth in them.
:crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I also just realized a couple things here.
1.sherry711 is from CA, keeps mentioning cars to drive in CA. The pics posted have cars from CO.
2.I know the guy that has those cars...... does not add up! None of them have a Cosworth in them.
:crazyeyes
If we can get an IP it'll be pretty easy to see where the person is from.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know who the hell this Sherry711 is but that blue turbo Miata powered Caterham SV is my car. I built it and I still own it. If you need confirmation of that check out:

Caterham SV: 2004 Caterham SV, about to receive a Turbocharged Miata Engine - Lafayette, Colorado

The yellow turbo Miata sitting next to it is also my car and the pictures were taken in front of my shop in Colorado!!!! It's never been in California. The Elise is from San Diego and the owner stopped over at my place on his trip back from the East coast.

The Caterham under construction belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Alaska although the car is being constructed here in Colorado. It will have a Cosworth Duratec engine. That's me working on it in one of the pictures.

I don't know what your game is Sherry711 but you obviously need professional help.

Skip

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I don't know who the hell this Sherry711 is but that blue turbo Miata powered Caterham SV is my car. I built it and I still own it. If you need confirmation of that check out:

Caterham SV: 2004 Caterham SV, about to receive a Turbocharged Miata Engine - Lafayette, Colorado

The yellow turbo Miata sitting next to it is also my car and the pictures were taken in front of my shop in Colorado!!!! It's never been in California. The Elise is from San Diego and the owner stopped over at my place on his trip back from the East coast.

The Caterham under construction belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Alaska although the car is being constructed here in Colorado. It will have a Cosworth Duratec engine. That's me working on it in one of the pictures.

I don't know what your game is Sherry711 but you obviously need professional help.

Skip
Thank you!

Loanshark just got owned!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts