The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez, being a first time lotus owner....all of these squeaks, rattles, vibrations, noises...scare me!!! These are pretty common I suppose...

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Common stuff.

Check out the 'quieter Lotus' thread if you really want to eliminate that kinda stuff.

Or just blast that ballin' stereo! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Doing the normal door stuff others have listed and some thin double sided tape on the rear speaker panels eliminated 90% of my squeaks in my Elise. A couple of hours well spent to improve the driving experience.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Common stuff.

Check out the 'quieter Lotus' thread if you really want to eliminate that kinda stuff.

Or just blast that ballin' stereo! :)
I wish I had a ballin' stereo lol I have a ballin head unit, but that's it! I need a sub and a couple of amps first.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Geez, being a first time lotus owner....all of these squeaks, rattles, vibrations, noises...scare me!!! These are pretty common I suppose...
clearly have never owned an old Fiat LOL.

With regard to the Lotus, same experience here however LotusSG2057 points the way to the fixes. I bought my Elise in early Jan 2014 and started right away on the little rattles/squeaks/noises and the few hours invested in weekend fixes do pay big dividends.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or get a loud exhaust. That's how I cope with it.
i have an awesome larini exhaust, but from outside the car, at idle I hate the little "tick" or vibration that OCASSIONALLY happens. I have read the squeak threads and the things seem rather normal....but dang it! I will get used to it haha

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Add to those exhaust and undertray rattles, belt tensioner squeaks, and even 5 or 6 point rattles on the harness bar. You just search them out and address them when they come up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
LOL, the squeaks and rattles just add character to the Lotus. You'll eventually just have to trust the fact that it's probably just a heat shield rattling and not a tie rod bolt coming loose when you approach that next corner at 80!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, the squeaks and rattles just add character to the Lotus. You'll eventually just have to trust the fact that it's probably just a heat shield rattling and not a tie rod bolt coming loose when you approach that next corner at 80!
haha I'm already getting used to accepting the sounds...which shouldn't be hard, I mean my hummer has a D44 with HEIM STEERING!!! hahahaha talk about scary stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just chalked all the squeaks and rattles in my car up to "it's a Lotus". Once I got used to them and realized it wasn't parts falling off of my car (which is another possibility with a Lotus), I don't really mind them too much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts