The Lotus Cars Community banner
221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
490 Posts
thank you, I’m not concerned about being in any class and the shop I am getting my v2 arms installed at does not have any experience with The Fastarms. But if the Fastarms truly provides 0.5 more negative camber over the v2 arms I need them! Is it a simple bolt and straightforward?
I'm in the same boat that 6TVRs+ is - I don't have any experience with them other than looking to see what they would do to me rule wise for Autocross - might make sense to make a post in the suspension subforum

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Well, the West Coast Lotus meet is coming up and there is a 3 mile hill climb up Mount Palomar. A great mountain drive road. The CHP will have the road closed so we can have at it. That's all I know so far BUT..
not sure which Lotus to take! I think it starts @ 2,000' and climbs another couple thousand? SKITLE handles better, has the Penskes, but less power. The S240 Exige of course is supercharged, with sticky tires.. so not sure which will have the advantage.

To that end, the last time I drove the Exige, I had bad ice mode that I determined was from smaller front tires with slightly taller rears. So I opted to go up from the 195/45/16 to the 195/50/16.

Except.....

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
The 195/50/16 A052s are not available... and no delivery date is known.

So I looked at the new version of The Bridgestone RE-71s., the RE-71RS. They are cheaper AND available!! So, here they are.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

Yoko on bottom of above pic, and on right of below pic.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

One thing that is nice they are now asymmetrical, meaning the tires are "sided" on the rim, not the car. Several times I messed up mounting my RE-71s on the wrong side of the car.

While I have not run these, the initial reports are slightly less ultimate later grip than the Yokos, but better "telegraphing"...(giving you feedback what is happening faster)

221 - 225 of 225 Posts