The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove the car for the first time with the Fidanza Flywheel, and I could still teach a new driver how to drive stick on this car.
Revs are slightly quicker, but really the car should come with this flywheel from the factory. It's still easy to slip, with little to no gas, and I can still cruise under 40mph in 6th gear (supercharger helps this)

But honestly the scare tactics are way over blown on this board. If you are doing the clutch, just put the lightweight flywheel in. It's worth it, I feel like the shifter action even feels more positive.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The only downsides I have ever heard about is that you never go with a lightweight crank as well as flywheel. There are too many upsides. I concur that "while I am in there" is a good thing to do. Fidenza all the better since you can replace the friction plate.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
It is not like it becomes undrivable on the street with the Fidanza, but in combination with an ACT HDSS it becomes a little more challenging in stop and go traffic, especially when on an incline.
What clutch do you have?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not like it becomes undrivable on the street with the Fidanza, but in combination with an ACT HDSS it becomes a little more challenging in stop and go traffic, especially when on an incline.
What clutch do you have?
ACT HDSS which is a very very mild clutch when it comes to an aftermarket clutch. I mean I believe it's a sprung hub organic material (that's basically the same general setup as an OEM clutch) when you start getting into the semi metalic / sintered iron, small diameter clutches, things go to hell pretty quick,

But other than some more pedal effort (which I'm never a fan of, but it's part of the territory if you're making more power) the HDSS is stock.

Lets just say I wouldn't even know a car had a lightweight flywheel. This car just revs like a stock AP1 S2000 now. It's within the realm of OEM.

First start I did was drive it up my driveway, and was surprised the car didn't bog or jutter at all with just a quick blip,

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,392 Posts
My experience is that it is similar to a quick steering rack. You notice the difference at first, but you get used to it almost immediately.

San

·
shay2nak
24,937 Posts
I can't even tell anymore if I have a light flywheel. To the point where I'm questioning if it was even installed at all. I put it in at the same time as the HDSS clutch. It's basically on/off engagement. No easing the clutch unless it will judder like crazy. It's eased a bit now, but now I'm wondering if this behavior is exaggerated with the addition of the fidanza flywheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts