The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got caught out in the huge storm we had here in northeast indiana with my evora. I got a few paint scratches from flying debris, and my windshield got hit with several pieces of what must have been sand or tiny stones moving at 95 mph. Safelite (under my insurance) siad they cant repair surface scratches on windshield. Whole windshield will need to be replaced. Does this make sense? Theres no way to buff out these pinhead scratches?

·
Registered
412 Posts
So i got caught out in the huge storm we had here in northeast indiana with my evora. I got a few paint scratches from flying debris, and my windshield got hit with several pieces of what must have been sand or tiny stones moving at 95 mph. Safelite (under my insurance) siad they cant repair surface scratches on windshield. Whole windshield will need to be replaced. Does this make sense? Theres no way to buff out these pinhead scratches?

Scratches and cracks can be repaired, but you never really know how much the integrity has been compromised. Replace the windscreen if you can afford to do so.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Do some research. There are ways to "buff" a windshield and minimize the surface marks a bit. In the old days they used to use ??"Lava" soap I believe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts