The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I will probably replace an existing minivan. So it will need to be what the Elise is not. Useful as in I can haul stuff, pick up gardening stuff, wood. Seat more people.

I know this won't go over big with many people... but I am considering a Honda Element. :)

And a 250cc Supercart.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
No need to be apologetic....:D

I only drive cars whose names begin with "e"....

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I am attracted to the element for the same reasons I like the Elise.

It is a purposeful car designed to do what it does very well. And what it does is move stuff and people from point a to point b with little fuss about it, and it does it efficiently.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The wife has the neu 4.2L 340hp S4 Avant 2004 stick. Next car for her will be the 2006/7 Audi S6 Avant with the Gallardo V-10 @ 420 normally aspirated HP! With paddle shifters!!
She used to have the 4.2L 2002 S6 Avant tip. It was a fairly potent ride as well.
Impatiently awaiting the CO HRM spcl!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd get a 2004 Prius.. it's everything the Elise is not.
It's underpowered, super-efficient, loaded with geek gizmos, and very practical.

On the one side of the garage, intimate driver-car experience.

On the other, a computer drives and you ride along.

Although the Honda Element is actually a close second.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
ivan1 said:
No need to be apologetic....:D

I only drive cars whose names begin with "e"....
Hi Ivan,
How do you like your Element. My sister is thinking of buying one.
Thanks,
Ara

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I am attracted to the element for the same reasons I like the Elise.

It is a purposeful car designed to do what it does very well. And what it does is move stuff and people from point a to point b with little fuss about it, and it does it efficiently.
I rode in the back seat of one. It wasn't very comfortable, plus I wasn't happy to be seen in what is by far the ugliest car on the road.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
jml1952 said:
I rode in the back seat of one. It wasn't very comfortable, plus I wasn't happy to be seen in what is by far the ugliest car on the road.
You give the Aztek too much credit.

I will test drive it, but comfort of back seats is not important to me.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
The thing about the element that impresses me is the rectangular cargo area after you fold the seats, very handy. I don't have one but it's cargo utility has peaqued my curiosity.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I've been thinking about a Honda Insight for a while. 1600 lbs, 60 mpg in the city, 67 horsepower, 0-60 in 11 seconds.

sounds like a good commuter. ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
If the diesel Toureg were available in the NE, that'd be it. I'm still waiting for a hybrid SUV with a 5000# towing capacity (sailboat issues).

As it looks right now, the next new vehicle will be a single-handed Musto skiff . . . !

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
BrianK said:
I've been thinking about a Honda Insight for a while. 1600 lbs, 60 mpg in the city, 67 horsepower, 0-60 in 11 seconds.

sounds like a good commuter. ;)
Except that I think it has a 300 lbs carrying capacity, you might want to check that. I might be wrong but I remember a couple of guys in SF who bought one for purpose of commuting to work in it and couldn't due to the wt. restriction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts