Richard Dawkins came up with this scale to measure the probability of God's existence. Where do you fit on the scale?
- Strong theist. 100 percent possibility of God. In the words of C.G. Jung, 'I do not believe, I know.'
- Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. De facto theist. 'I cannot know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there.
- Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. Technically agnostic but leaning towards theism. 'I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.'
- Exactly 50 per cent. Completely impartial agnostic. 'God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.'
- Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. Technically agnostic but leaning towards atheism. 'I don't know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be sceptical.'
- Very low probability, but short of zero. De facto atheist. 'I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there.'
- Strong atheist. 'I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung 'knows' there is one.'