The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really mixed feelings as I really love the car, but it's not being driven enough and is presently living in a neighbor's garage since we've run out of room in ours. The ZR-1 we added in December was car #4 for the two of us, with 3 of them being sports cars. Between the property tax (we live in VA, so it's a rip) and the insurance it's starting to seem kind of silly to own a car that we've not even put 5000 miles on since buying it.

Anyway, I've just started looking at sales prices and was hoping you all could help to give me an idea of the market. The car is all original (not even a ding anywhere) and has the hardtop, touring package, and 3M film. Oh, and of course, it's yellow. :cool:

The only thing I could find on the web (looked at NADA, KBB, and Edmunds) was very non-specific and with no adjustments for options or mileage. It showed the low-, average-, and high-retail prices as $29,900, $39,125, and $45,525, respectively.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think people are going to need info on what exactly you are selling. What year.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ive been looking for a little while, i'd say yours would be in the 33,000 - 36,000 range (if the body is as good as you say it is.) Whats the total milage?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fire sale = $32k
Wait a few months = $35k

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mileage is 4801 and it's as close to perfect as you'd ever find. And no can do on selling the ZR-1. It's a keeper. :)

We can definitely afford to wait on selling.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If you sell it, you have to promise that the two of you will still hang out sometime in Scotland with us.

p.s. Going to be in Virginia in a couple weeks for the races at VIR, but thats probably not close to you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you sell it, you have to promise that the two of you will still hang out sometime in Scotland with us.

p.s. Going to be in Virginia in a couple weeks for the races at VIR, but thats probably not close to you.
Oh, we most definitely promise!! Scotland is just on hold for awhile 'til the dollar recovers.

We're about 5 hours from VIR, unfortunately. Any chance you'll be traveling through Northern VA? We're about 20-30 miles northwest of DC.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Say it ain't so, Ellen!

ed
I know. :( I've been putting off making this post for awhile, kind of feeling like if I didn't type it maybe I wouldn't have to make it real. It's just so hard to justify keeping it. I'm still pretty torn about letting it go, though. I waited so long for it, and it is so much fun when I do get to drive it. Hard to decide ... :shrug:

You'll have to come over and let us visit with yours; at least we'll still have one Elise in the immediate vicinity. :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
take the elise to VIR - you might sell the ZR-1 then!
:p

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
put a supercharger on your elise and then you'll probably sell the vette hehe

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The car has never been tracked. Although we've been tempted a few times it just never happened. The warranty is up. It's never needed anything other than the routine servicing.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
put a supercharger on your elise and then you'll probably sell the vette hehe
I dunno ... That custom 375-380 horsepower V-8 from Lotus (i.e., the one in the ZR-1) is pretty sweet. :nanner2:

Honestly, the choice isn't between the ZR-1 and the Elise, as we both feel the ZR-1 is a special car. We did talk about letting the Lingenfelter C6 go, though. Hard choices. :shrug: Wish we had unlimited funds and a bigger garage.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Okay, so back to the question at hand ... Based on the responses it sounds like the consensus is that the NADA prices for my area (DC/NoVA) are high?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts