The Lotus Cars Community banner

521 - 540 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Who saw the new top gear??

That Caterham they had was just beautiful, beat the Bugatti time around the track.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...only perhaps three episodes left in this series, but each sunday you can find the torrent fresh at about three PM CST and finish downloading within a couple of hours; it's a sunday dinner ritual for us...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
^ i usually watch it on sunday but forgot about it yesterday. Then when i woke up i suddenly remembered it and watched it :D

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
NBC Cuts Top Gear USA Due To Knight Rider Failure

just read this on jalopnik.com...

----------

Due to the failure of Knight Rider and expected production costs, NBC has decided to pass on Top Gear USA. The BBC's shopping the US rendition of the hit show to interested cable outlets.

Although the Top Gear website's claiming they took a pass on the Peacock, our sources at both NBC and the BBC tell us the brightly-colored feathered network passed on an opportunity to tie up the show after the failure of the new Knight Rider series and expected high production costs associated with the show.

So, rather than tie up the franchise with a deal or an extension, they've cut Top Gear USA free to search for a new home. Top Gear's website claims interested parties are available on cable and to expect a deal shortly. We remain hopeful they'll be able to find a backer with enough money on hand to really do the show right.

by Andrew Didorosi .

Top Gear USA: NBC Cuts Top Gear USA Due To Knight Rider Failure

----------

hopefully who ever buys the show, reconsiders the casting.

·
Registered
817 Posts

----------

Due to the failure of Knight Rider and expected production costs, NBC has decided to pass on Top Gear USA. The BBC's shopping the US rendition of the hit show to interested cable outlets.

Although the Top Gear website's claiming they took a pass on the Peacock, our sources at both NBC and the BBC tell us the brightly-colored feathered network passed on an opportunity to tie up the show after the failure of the new Knight Rider series and expected high production costs associated with the show.

So, rather than tie up the franchise with a deal or an extension, they've cut Top Gear USA free to search for a new home. Top Gear's website claims interested parties are available on cable and to expect a deal shortly. We remain hopeful they'll be able to find a backer with enough money on hand to really do the show right.

by Andrew Didorosi .

----------

Hey, maybe they can get away with more edgy stuff on cable...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Watch Top Gear free

Not sure if this has been posted yet, I did a search using the url, nothing came up, and I didn't feel like going through 27 pages, so:

WatchTopGear.org

exactly what it sounds like. Every episode. For free! I've just finished watching the Tesla Roadster, BTCC, V8 rocking chair episode.

Yesterday I watched the M3 vs IS-F.

Internet connection here sucks though, so it takes about 2-3 hours to load a one hour video.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts

----------

by Andrew Didorosi .

----------

I'm not disappointed, I didn't think they could successfully replicate the quality or the characters of the original.

·
Registered
193 Posts
TopGear has finally 'Jumped the Shark". The Vietnam special was crap. They didn't even drive one car. If I wanted to watch a travel show, I'd watch the travel channel.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
TopGear has finally 'Jumped the Shark". The Vietnam special was crap. They didn't even drive one car. If I wanted to watch a travel show, I'd watch the travel channel.
oh no, they didn't drive one car. Its an entertainment show, and i found it quite entertaining. They did a whole show on tractors in a previous season, again, no cars, still entertaining.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I find it unusual that Jezza did not know how to ride a bike or scooter...

Oh well, proved entertaining when he fell on his face several times. Also, I laughed at the James May bits going up hill.

521 - 540 of 628 Posts