The Lotus Cars Community banner

561 - 580 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I was not a fan of that last segment at all. It almost had an end of top gear all together note to it. Normally they cut back to the studio before ending the show, and announce "We'll be back in the spring/fall".

However the segment raised the concern that i'm sure most car people have had recently, with all the changes in car regulations, are we looking at the end of ridiculous super cars?

for those that haven't seen it and want to know what to know what i'm refering to

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFB1zE8jWOE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFB1zE8jWOE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
I was not a fan of that last segment at all. It almost had an end of top gear all together note to it. Normally they cut back to the studio before ending the show, and announce "We'll be back in the spring/fall".

However the segment raised the concern that i'm sure most car people have had recently, with all the changes in car regulations, are we looking at the end of ridiculous super cars?

for those that haven't seen it and want to know what to know what i'm refering to

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFB1zE8jWOE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFB1zE8jWOE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I agree, that the last part should have been better, but they just confirmed that this is not their last show. They said they would be back in November.:coolnana::nanner:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sorry if this is a little off topic but I have a torrent question.

Why is one episode 700 megabytes? Is that a normal size for one episode of top gear? Isn't that huge?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Once the file is done downloading (into utorrent in my case) is there any trick to get it to play? It still says it's doing something although its at 100%

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know Windows Media Player won't let you play a video whilst you are Seeding it in a Torrent program. Try completely closing uTorrent and then open the video. Otherwise download VLC Media Player and it will play it fine (all assuming we are talking Windows based PC here :) )

Once the file is done downloading (into utorrent in my case) is there any trick to get it to play? It still says it's doing something although its at 100%

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I really have no idae whats happened now, It stopped doing everything and it still won't open as a movie. It's labeled as an avi file tho.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
in uTorrent, click once on the file to highlight it, click the square Stop button on top, then exit the program. Go find the .avi file where uTorrent placed it (not the torrent file itself). The torrent file is sort of like an index and not the actual data.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
if you right click the file it should give you an option to open the folder where your .avi file was placed. Then simply play that file with the VLC player.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The file downloaded into utorrent as an avi file. Was that supposed to happen? It's on my desktop as an avi file, but there is no content when played in quicktime.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Why not watch Top Gear online on sidereel??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did anyone see season 14, episode 1? Grand touring through Romania with a Gallardo, a Ferrari California, and a DBS Volante. :drool:

I'm pretty impressed that they're willing to powerslide these cars on a two-lane mountain highway with a flimsy guardrail protecting a several hundred foot drop off beyond. That's some serious trust of the traction control... -eek-

561 - 580 of 628 Posts