The Lotus Cars Community banner

601 - 620 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think this was one of the rare occasions when one of them was genuinely scared...
He lost control going in a straight line. It adds some perspective on those very wet laps done by the stig and the stars in the reasonably priced car..

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
I hate what the BBC did to Jeremy.
Are you being serious? He deserved to be fired. No one I know would have kept him on.

Actions have consequences.

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Yes, I agree that his actions were irrational, but the BBC has shot themselves in the foot. A lot of viewers will leave TG because of this.
The BBC will be just fine. TG is dead, there won't be anymore viewers man. I refuse to believe that there is no one else in the world capable of making a worthwhile car show, what a ridiculous concept. We'll see what comes up to fill the void. People didn't stop reviewing movies just because Roger Ebert died.

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
Yes, I agree that his actions were irrational, but the BBC has shot themselves in the foot. A lot of viewers will leave TG because of this.
There is no way an employee who punches another can stay. I would've fired him that day.

As you see above, many here would do the same.

BBC did what it had to do, and should have done.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
The Top Gear finale is being broadcast by BBCA tonight at 9 pm EDT. In the meantime, Clarkson et al are reportedly in talks with various other networks regarding a new show, and the BBC's efforts to revive Top Gear look dead in the water.

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
That episode not listed on my schedule, but I'll just record the entire evening.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Hammond said: "Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant." And May added: "We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?"

Perfect! Prime is pretty sweet anyways. Students (me) get a good discount, too. Even without that, you can save a ton in shipping. There are also tricks like "no rush shipping" that gives you a $1 credit and usually gets delivered in two days anyways. We use that and Netflix rather than cable. Top Gear and racing were the only things I missed, so now there's one fewer reason to miss cable/sat.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Are you being serious? He deserved to be fired. No one I know would have kept him on.

Actions have consequences.
I hate what the BBC did to Jeremy.
There is no way an employee who punches another can stay. I would've fired him that day.

As you see above, many here would do the same.

BBC did what it had to do, and should have done.
99.99986% of us do not know what really happened...so how can you (we) pass judgement? I also know that it take 2 to tango. One just does not come out of the blue and punch someone in the face...as it is made out to look. That guy that got punched in the face, probably lost his job along with everyone else on that team...because he insisted on pushing the issue. I'd sure hate to be in his shoes. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
First off, one does not punch coworkers for any reason, save for self-defense.

2nd, that wasn't the case here as per all news stories.

3rd, do you know the punchee pushed the issue? I'd guess that the BBC would have - correctly - fired Clarkson in any case.

4th: Clarkson has a weekly newspaper column:

Jeremy Clarkson - Car News & Reviews | Driving.co.uk

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
I'm pretty excited about it being on Amazon. I use the heck out of amazon already. In fact, just filled a "Pantry" box today with a $5 credit for no rush shipping on something that I would have paid a few bucks more for elsewhere.

This Car Show might be the first thing Amazon actually makes a profit on! Probably not though.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
99.99986% of us do not know what really happened...so how can you (we) pass judgement? I also know that it take 2 to tango. One just does not come out of the blue and punch someone in the face...as it is made out to look. That guy that got punched in the face, probably lost his job along with everyone else on that team...because he insisted on pushing the issue. I'd sure hate to be in his shoes. :shrug:
I'm pretty sure it all came out and even in Clarkson's "calmed down, after the fact" version, the producer didn't really do anything wrong. Also the BBC said they were keeping the producer on the show. I think I remember the guy saying something about not being sure if he wanted to stay on Top Gear or do something else at the BBC though.

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
I'm pretty excited about it being on Amazon. I use the heck out of amazon already. In fact, just filled a "Pantry" box today with a $5 credit for no rush shipping on something that I would have paid a few bucks more for elsewhere.

This Car Show might be the first thing Amazon actually makes a profit on! Probably not though.
I just bought a lightweight alum low profile jack thru Amazon.

Too heavy for drone delivery, I'd guess....

601 - 620 of 628 Posts