621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Have they nothing better to do there?

·
Loves to talk
890 Posts
Being relatively new to the family, I end up going down a lot of rabbit holes looking at forum history. I just got around too this thread and think it deserves a bump to see what people who watched Grand Tour on Amazon thought of it.

Frankly, I didn't think much one way or the other. It was fun for us that they did one in Nashville but the new show didn't really come across as different or innovative. More or less the same product dusted off but without the Stig. Meanwhile, I find Chris Harris enjoyable to watch even if he does drift too much. On the other hand, man can he drift.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I agree. Nothing new or innovative. Same basic show, but still entertaining.

I don't know what people in other countries think of "The American" but I hope they get rid of him like they did with the first Stig.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
They seem to have very intentionally stuck to tried-and-true, and I can't blame them. It also seems like the internet vehemently hated "the American", so I'll be surprised if he sticks around or is unchanged.

Overall, I really enjoyed. I already had prime (pretty much do 90% of my shopping there, and I use it for music instead iTunes), so it is a great value overall. Especially since I have a 4K TV, so there is some novelty in having the colors and clarity done so well.

As far as first seasons go, it blew the US Top Gear out of the water and even the trio's earlier seasons on BBC, so here's to hoping it keeps moving forward

621 - 628 of 628 Posts