The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
just like christmas. i am #44 on the list at matheny imports in jacksonville FL. Bill saxton told me that the production run for the federal elise has been raised to 4200 according to news from Lotus today

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Actually old news. It's the same number quoted by AutoWeek.

2200 cars to be built for USA. 2000 cars for the rest of the world. Or 4200 total cars.

Unless he means 4200 for USA...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Randy Chase said:

2200 cars to be built for USA. 2000 cars for the rest of the world. Or 4200 total cars.

He told me 300,000,000 a year. Apparently they are now mandatory for everyone in the US:cool:

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Yea, I had forgotten about that.

Looks like just another case of dealerspeak.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
ah well, i am too much of a neophyte to elise info to have completely read all the stored knowledge here. he did repeat much of what i'd already read here also but i knew there was no need to state that stuff again.

do they do cross checks to determine whether someone has gotten on more than one waiting list?

(and by the way, this is a great board! but you already knew that too)

oh, NOW i read the autoweek review

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
We should quiz new forum members.

1. What does COM mean and why do you need to know it?

2. Who thinks Aztek Bronze is "Dead Sexy"?

3. Where does the name Modern Wedgie come from?

etc..

:)

I doubt they do cross checks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Randy Chase said:

etc..

3/3, I guess I'm not a noob anymore :D

-Eric

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Randy Chase said:

etc..

I wish that they did. It irritates me that some people have deposits down at more than one dealership (or more than one deposit down at a single dealership) with no intention of purchasing multiple Elises. Depending on the dealership's policy, you may be delaying other people in queue's delivery of their cars. Also, you may be discouraging people that would really like one from getting one by making the lists appear over-inflated. I refused to put a non-refundable deposit down at MAG and went to AutoEurope instead. Now I understand why MAG is doing things the way that they are.

Also:

1) I dare not say.
2) Few who will admit it.
3) The assertion that the Elise is a modern day version of the Fiat X1/9.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
1. & 2. is fine, 3., we should leave them guessing. :p

Ideally, there shouldn't be multiply deposits, guess there is pro's and con's both way. Some dealers may move people in the list up, others may order it for themselves and sell it for what the market may bear.

·
Registered
442 Posts
From Lotus Motorsports/New England's most recent newsletter:

For those of you interested in the Elise, we can't stress more strongly that we need to hear from you in order to reserve a build slot. We are now taking deposits for cars to be delivered sometime in the Fall of 2004.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Multiple Choice for newbies:

Lotus is made in:
a)USA b)ITALY c) ENGLAND d)IRAQ

Lotus is owned by:
a)Bill Gates b)LotusNotes123 c)Proton d)Malaysian Government

Which of the following is made by Lotus:
a)Escape b)Erace c)Elise d)EBay

Who is Colin Chapman?
a)CEO of Lotus b)He invented Chapstik c)Founder of Lotus
d)Is he my daddy?

Who makes the engine that is in the US Elise?
a)GM b)Land Rover c)Toyota d)Dodge

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i had an x 1/9 but might have guessed tr7 (what was that ad campaign? the shape of things to come- or something like that). i like titanium but it is hard to not get a...green lotus. last lotus i saw in the fiber was a europa and it was on fire at a traffic light

not enough reading to know com and i will spare you making up words to fit the acronym as i am wont to do so i won't irritate the long time residents. the only lotus i ever drove was a seven that a grad school friend had in gainesville. he also has a morgan. gainesville is also where i watched the brown eurpoa go up in flames. guy should have had an extinguisher

oh i just recall seeing the latest esprit in a toy shop in fort lauderdale a year ago

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
As of last Wednesday, Rothrock Chevrolet in PA had 40 names, and were taking up to 45 deposits (they're expected 1st yr allotment). I've been dealing with Nick over there. I will check with them today and update.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
xxxotic said:
Multiple Choice for newbies:

Lotus is made in:
a)USA b)ITALY c) ENGLAND d)IRAQ

Lotus is owned by:
a)Bill Gates b)LotusNotes123 c)Proton d)Malaysian Government

Which of the following is made by Lotus:
a)Escape b)Erace c)Elise d)EBay

Who is Colin Chapman?
a)CEO of Lotus b)He invented Chapstik c)Founder of Lotus
d)Is he my daddy?

Who makes the engine that is in the US Elise?
a)GM b)Land Rover c)Toyota d)Dodge
Great quiz! For Colin Chapman, one of the answers could be "one of the members of Monty Python".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Out of curiousity, can we get another headcount of how many deposits are at which dealers? I'd like to know which dealers have the shortest lists, and also to total up how much deposit activity has been generated by the press and recent LA auto show...

Anybody?

-Knute
#38 at Steve Harris Imports in SLC

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
This would actually be a nice "dealer resource" to add to this site.... to have a dealership maintained count of how many deposits they have.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts