The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
My official spot in the waiting list is #18, at Auto Europe in Birmingham, Michigan.

So, am I officially a stud now? :)

By the way: I'll be looking for a job as a patent attorney... graduate in May. Anyone looking in the midwest area? (Wisconsin preferred). Prefer a Lotus enthusiast for an employer. :cool:

Thomas

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Canyon Carver said:
Unless I have been mis-informed, Lotus has not given anyone final specs for options and their prices, so for a dealer at this time to pass eronious information is doing a dis-service to you.
We're all feeding off the same plate at this time.
Derek, thanks for keeping us informed, we appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Thanks Buck Dharma and CO_NYer for your contributions; your posts were very helpful. I called around extensively myself, and decided on Lotus San Antonio Ltd./Gonzaba Autoplex. This allowed me to secure #22 in their queue, at MSRP in writing, $1K refundable. This is among the lowest of positions left in the country at MSRP.

I spoke there with George Gonzaba. He was courteous and left a solid impression. While doing business there will result in an out of state roadtrip, there are many worse things...

To those facing long waits in other states, I'd highly recommend looking at San Antonio (888/755-8373). Time is running out for a real chance at an Elise delivered in 2004.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rothrock Motors

When I called Rothrock about two weeks ago I talked with Dave McCartney (the Sales Manager as I was told) and he told me his list at that time was at 36. He believed his allocation was going to be 45 cars at that time.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Randy, I believe CO_NYer has put together a spreadsheet of dealers, # of deposits, how much deposit and maybe other info. He asked on **********car.com if people wanted his spreadsheet to ask him for it. I asked him for it on that site but I don't think he visits that site often.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry, I thought your link was just a list of dealers. I opened the spreadsheet and see all the info I wanted. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Question, it looks like Brian Way provided the spreadsheet. How did he come up with allocation number for some of the dealerships?

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
I believe he called them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I received my buyers order from MAG in Columbus OH. today, and although it didn't specify my place in line(I was told #29 or lower), it did specify MSRP in writing and an ETA of fall 2004 to spring 2005.I'd love to get it by Sept.04.

------------------------------------------------
02 Mini "S", 85 911 Carrera, 2000 911 Aero , 70 BMW 2002 street/track project

·
Registered
138 Posts
What does it mean in the spreadsheet for timeframe? Is that delivery time from ie does winter mean winter of 2004? That would suck.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Buck Dharma said:
What does it mean in the spreadsheet for timeframe? Is that delivery time from ie does winter mean winter of 2004? That would suck.
Tell me about it...

(I'm expecting a 'winter' delivery in MI)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Yikes!!! $5000-$10,000 down at Palm Beach!

Did they say if this is when the car is ordered?

I think this might just be to weed out the people that might leave a deposit and then find out that they cant get financing.

Thank God I have access to the money now, I think I might move up a few spaces since I dont think anyone else has heard of this and they might back out when they have to come up with the cash.

It says a $500 downpayment on the other section, but they asked me for $2000 and said they wont cash my check until they do the order. It will probably be stale dated by then.

I also noticed that some dealers with 75 on the list are quoting delivery sooner than other dealers who have 35 on the list if you order today, yet Lotus did not give out allocation numbers from what we have been told, so I wouldnt put too much faith in what you hear unless it is directly from Lotus USA.

·
Registered
670 Posts
As of about 10 minutes ago Silver Star AG in Thousand Oaks Calif said their list is at about 74. Steve Harris in Salt Lake said 43.

Steve

141 - 160 of 200 Posts