The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Can't wait till you make it to Colorado. Doug was tell me about your plan. Sounds awesome! See you in a few months!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
389 Posts
It sounds like a fabulous trip ahead of you! I'd definately be up for a trip to Whistler in May. In fact on May 19th at the Van Duesen Botanical gardens in Vancouver is the All British Field Meet car show and on Sunday the 20th is the All British run to Whistler up the Sea to Sky. Lotus is the featured marque this year so I'm pretty sure if your in the area they will have some room for you in the car show and on the Whistler run! If your interested here is a link Western Driver | 2012 Vancouver All British Run to Whistler The run to Whistler ends up at the Olympic Plaza, the focal point of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Be sure to let me know if this fits with your plans 'cause if you make it for the run the first round of beers in Whistler is on me (once we get there of course). We'll get Joe to spring for the second round if he's there. Cheers!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Can't wait till you make it to Colorado. Doug was tell me about your plan. Sounds awesome! See you in a few months!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Um - Try 3 weeks !! Be there on 27th of this month !!
Giles

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Scott, it sounds wonderful and oh so tempting, but I am just not able to commit to it at this stage ! If we are still in the area then, it would be a great drive !
Just keep me in mind and we can work it out at end of April when I know how I am travelling.
Giles

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Started off with a bang yesterday, with a beautiful drive up in the hills above LA - Angeles National Forest - with some of the locals. And as passenger I was sitting on the correct side of the car - Felt totally at home !! Thanks Guys, and especially Andy for coming all the way to pick me up ! Love your weather !
Now to just get my car out of Customs tomorrow.........................

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Waelsie

When are you leaving la on Ur trip ?

I will also be at customs tomorrow releasing some.goods

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Great meeting you Giles! Good luck on your adventure.

Jim and Rita

·
Registered
971 Posts
I am no longer in Alaska, so won't be able too see you there, however, if you are on the Richardson Highway about 40 south of Fairbanks, stop at the Salchaket Roadhouse. The food is good (especially the prime rib on Fridays) and the owners are nice, they'll get a kick out of your Elise, they always liked seeing mine parked out front.

Have a safe trip and enjoy Alaska.
Andrew

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's awesome, how long was the drive and which route you took?
That was my very first roadtrip.. Some highlights of the trip... Grand Canyon, Graceland, Corvette factory tour. That should indicate the basic route taken. It took around 4 or 5 days.

I've since done that drive 7 more times and will be doing number 8 in a couple months time. Each time a slight variation to the route is taken to take into account current weather conditions and fun places to see :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I am no longer in Alaska, so won't be able too see you there, however, if you are on the Richardson Highway about 40 south of Fairbanks, stop at the Salchaket Roadhouse. The food is good (especially the prime rib on Fridays) and the owners are nice, they'll get a kick out of your Elise, they always liked seeing mine parked out front.

Have a safe trip and enjoy Alaska.
Andrew
Sorry to miss you Andrew. Will stop at Salchaket Roadhouse !
Where are you now ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
This sign just makes you want to drive a Lotus doesn't it?

Adds to my desire to go to the other extreme. Tierra del Fuego!
One trip at a time !!! Going down though the Andes to Tierra del Fuego is my next trip !!! This is just a warm up in a country where you speak English - My spanish language guide is in my car right now !!
Rofl

·
Registered
242 Posts
What a great journey. No more complaints about the Elise being a daily driver!

Love that Aussie Elise logo.

81 - 100 of 194 Posts