The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
damn, 550 hp - 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 sec? i don't know. 100 hp less than Enzo and gets same time?

insane nonetheless.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Wow I am inpressed. It is worth noting that the APR kit that included 2 K04 turbo chargers for the S4 on the old 2.7 liter engine costs over 6 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! And that price does not include an exhaust system. Nice find, but it is amazing to me that Audi cars get charged a lot more money for tuning instead of VW cars. Hopefully this price difference won't apply to the Celica and the Elise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
You have to realize that supercars make for poor drag cars. If your just looking to go fast in a straight line you can fairly easily beat supercars for 1/10 the price. I know of alot of 10-11 second cars around my area that are not worth more then 30K-40K. Of course this R32 would soon find out it's still a R32 when it took it to the track and was out cornered, out braked, and handled all day long by the likes of a Enzo or Porsche GT. It's impressive but not exclusive to any aftermarket car upgrades. There are several Miata's that are quicker then the Enzo 0-60 and 1/4 mile ET's but it ain't no Porsche GT. I also just recently watched a video of a Honda Civic beat a twin turbo 100,000K+ Viper in a highway run :eek: ... aftermarket will always be able to school production cars when it comes to power but it's the fine razor balance of power and handling that is most elusive and difficult to reproduce

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
shay2nak said:
1FASTMX5 , do you have a link for that video? I'd like to see that!
CIVIC VS VIPER

Were talking about a 10 second Viper here folks...It would spank an Enzo. Now imagine doing it in Honda Civic :D Like I stated before for the money Supercars are not a good choice for 0-60 1/4 mile numbers

PS If you are offended by profanity (verbal) you may not want to view this video

PSS What's even funnier is the Civic had his parking brake on for the race (notice his brake lights were on) :eek:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't slight the car without reading the reviews first ...

http://hpamotorsports.com/magazines.htm

Anyway, there is no way am I giving up my spot in line for the Elise (I get mine this year)! I would still buy an Elise, even if it was an S1 with a Rover engine. I have waited since 1998 for a Federal version.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wouldn't by any R32 until they offer the DSG option that comes on the Audi TT (of the same engine) and in Europe. Its a totally sweet sequential gearbox, double clutched. It's really smokin, much more than the M3's SMG, which sort of blows.

http://vortex3.rely.net/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_501.shtml

Any possibility of a sequential gearbox for the Elise? Seems like they're the "Next Big Thing(tm)" in performance cars.

Steve

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Yeah, but it's a Golf. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts