The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Graphite Grey- Image not yet available. Well that's just effing great. Looks like it will be nice when they get all the colors loaded.:rolleyes:

edit- Ooooo- but at least it gives you a flavor of the unavailable cars when you check the box. No photo, but better than nothing.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks for the update. Two things I noticed in a quick perusal:

1) performance claims of
0-60 in 4.9 and 4.7 (sport pack)
0-100 in 13.0 sec
1/4 mile in 13.6 sec (this seems quite realistic)
0-100-0 in 17.5 sec
100-0 in 85 m

2) To the best of my ability to see in the small picture of the standard interior, it now looks to be fabric on the inside seating surfaces and leather around. this is different than the LA show car. I chose the Touring Pack because I did not like the standard seats. Now I think I might have chosen the standard interior :( Of course I will get some other benefits

·
Registered
592 Posts
By the way, if you click the color on the configurator page it will bring up a photo of the car with much more realistic color. However, it appears to only have the colors for cars that were at the Barber intro, and no option for my color, Laser Blue :mad:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
_JD_ said:
Graphite Grey- Image not yet available. Well that's just effing great. Looks like it will be nice when they get all the colors loaded.:rolleyes:

edit- Ooooo- but at least it gives you a flavor of the unavailable cars when you check the box. No photo, but better than nothing.
It's fixed now, it has graphite, the images are not impressive and don't do the car justice.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I think he did a pretty good job on the update, lots of pics of different optional components.

It'll definately be useful for those just looking at the car for the first time>
Chris

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Babak,

Did you just select the color, which changes the color of the little Elise on the page?

Or did you select the color block next to the color name which pops up a window with a picture of the real car?

Greg

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Nice update to the site.... I don't see any Lotus Shop link so I guess that is still to come...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The "Image Not Available" pages were posted at the request of LCU being that they do not have Federal cars in those colors on U.S. soil. They will be added once they arrive. All the cars that were available were photographed as soon as they landed.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Nazz said:
The "Image Not Available" pages were posted at the request of LCU being that they do not have Federal cars in those colors on U.S. soil. They will be added once they arrive. All the cars that were available were photographed as soon as they landed.
It looks really good Nazz- very nice addition.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Wow... it's starting to look like a real auto manufacturer's website. Nice work! .. and done in a timely fashion (being that the US press launch was only a couple weeks ago). :D

It would be nice if each time you clicked on a pop-up generating link, it would pop into the same window (so I don't have to close 15 Elise images when I'm done browsing).

Great work!

·
Registered
154 Posts
while I agree, it's much improved, I have 2 concerns still remaining.

the site goes offline from lotuscars.com to a IP addressed site. This really should not be so. People need to identify a site via it's domain name instead of an IP address.

Second, at least 1 of the pics I clicked on (the color configurator) listed the copyright as "donovan lara". Lotus better correct this quickly. As they paid him for this site, they should own the copyright to all content on it as well. This should be covered under the "work product doctrine" in copyright law. Thus, i'd make sure that was corrected ASAP.

otherwise, a nice update, keep it comin' though!

robert

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Racer X said:
Babak,

Did you just select the color, which changes the color of the little Elise on the page?

Or did you select the color block next to the color name which pops up a window with a picture of the real car?

Greg
I stand corrected, the image is not available, I was under the impression that all we got are the images in the flash pick list not the real ones. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
BrianK said:
It would be nice if each time you clicked on a pop-up generating link, it would pop into the same window (so I don't have to close 15 Elise images when I'm done browsing).

Great work!
That was done so you could view more than one color at a time side by side.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Biomax said:
while I agree, it's much improved, I have 2 concerns still remaining.

the site goes offline from lotuscars.com to a IP addressed site. This really should not be so. People need to identify a site via it's domain name instead of an IP address.

Second, at least 1 of the pics I clicked on (the color configurator) listed the copyright as "donovan lara". Lotus better correct this quickly. As they paid him for this site, they should own the copyright to all content on it as well. This should be covered under the "work product doctrine" in copyright law. Thus, i'd make sure that was corrected ASAP.

otherwise, a nice update, keep it comin' though!

robert
The IP address is the main Lotus site. The domain also points to one of Lotus' sites. The domain has yet to transfer but I assure you the IP is the main server.

I can appreciate you looking out for Lotus but all work is under written contract agreed upon by both parties and not something that either of us really wish to discuss publically. As I'm sure you can understand. :) Please PM me if you wish to discuss it further.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Nazz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts