The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think that I'm giving up the Elise though.

My new toy is the polar opposite of the Elise. It is slow, ungainly but will go just about anywhere. And I do not plan on packing any more moose through the muskeg on my back.

A 1992 Argo 8x8.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
LOL! I don't see a steering wheel or seats. :confused:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
You can see the "back pad" horizontal strip. These things have tillers or dual joy sticks like a D8 tractor. Pull to slow or stop and push to go. You can spin some pretty good donuts with them thar thangs!:p

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have never seen anything like this either, but it looks very cool! Must be a riot to drive.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
perryeyges said:
You can see the "back pad" horizontal strip. These things have tillers or dual joy sticks like a D8 tractor. Pull to slow or stop and push to go. You can spin some pretty good donuts with them thar thangs!:p
Yea, it is a skid steer like a bobcat or dozer. It is a blast, but I am still getting used to it. The throttle is on the right handle, so it is taking some getting used to when coordinating right turns and stopping.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow, the chain drive setup is pretty cool. It has a whopping 18hp.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the inside. As you can see perryeyges described it pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the back end. I pulled the floor out so you could see the drive chains.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Convertible version

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It even came with a nifty trailer. The trailer body is actually the chassis from a 6x6. The plastic thing leaning on the tow bar is the floor I pulled out for the previous picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Convertible version

Randy Chase said:
Cute one Randy. Mine is convertable. That is probably the only feature it shares with the Elise.rotfl

·
Registered
114 Posts
God what a country

First of all an Elise in Alaska? Wow, I was thankful of being in the "year round fun vehicle south" instead of Michigan where I grew up.

I picture some of these Theater going, ascot wearing, snooty types in their Elises, then there is Lumn with moose **** on him from the morning hunt in his 8 wheeled "what the hell is that thing coming this way!!!!!" Showing up to say Howdie!

I love the diversity of this ?family?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts