The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you waiting?

If you know what you waiting number is, what is it?

How much was the deposit?

Are you happy with the dealer as far communication?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Where: Symbolic Motors, Beverly Hills

Number: 32 (Deposit made late February)

Deposit: $2,000

Dealer communication: 0 - though there isn't much to communicate, so I can't say that I was expecting to hear anything from them.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Bentley of Silicon Valley
#9 in Feb.
$2000 deposit another $1K when order is placed.
Communication - with old GM pretty good. New GM tough to get them to verify one's order in line. They have committed to sending out in writing that info.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Bentley of Silicon Valley, deposit was $2k with no word of any more money required until delivery of car. Place in line? Beats me. As Larry said, they havn't been very forthcoming with this info. When Larry discovered he was #9, he noticed that I'm #2...but I don't have this in writing. All I have in writing is delivery in the May/June timeframe.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI,
#2 at Lotus of Atlanta (deposit made in Dec 02). I'm also #9 at Star Motors in Texas deposit made Jan 02 there.

I'm very impressed with the Lotus of Atlanta dealership. Eric and Chris are great people to deal with. I put the deposit there because it's much closer to me (120 Miles). Haven't decided what to do about #9 at Star, they're good people too from what I've heard.

Both guaranteed MSRP.

Chris
PS> If I were you guys that don't have a slot pinned down, Id sure check into it. Who wants to be bumped by a "favored" customer when the cars finally get here.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris, it does indeed sound like Lotus Of Atlanta is a great place.

The problem here is lack of leverage. If the local place knows they will sell out the allotment, what incentive is there for them to give out hard numbers on your place on the list?

They even told me that they have to accomodate existing customers.

Congrats on being No. 2. I asked to be on the list in January of 2002. I don't have a number at Symbolic of La Jolla.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Randy,
I was lucky with Lotus of Atlanta. I've known Arnie (the guy that runs Lotus USA in Lawrenceville) for many years, on a visit up there last dec. he told me about Lotus Atlanta just signing the paperwork.

I called Eric straightaway. He apologized for making me number 2 (he hadn't even thought about starting a list yet!) but said the first one was reserved for display!
A real class operation.
Chris

PS> I went there a couple weeks ago and test drove the S2 there. What a blast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
money talks...

if u had enough money you can be #1

Those on the list might not possibly get allocated if MSRP is the price until the 2nd year

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI,

Not quite sure what you mean by this??

"Those on the list might not possibly get allocated if MSRP is the price until the 2nd year"
Could you please explain?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dimmitt in Clearwater , FL
they say im one of the 15 people
$500 Down ( was willing to do more)

Dealership was great. I drove past it the first time because it doesn't even look like a Dealership. It looks like a very nice, big brick house. Hard to describe but very nice.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Not very worried about getting the # in writing (thou I will push for it). As with Matt, they've listed the delivery date - May/June time frame, to be sold at MSRP and have said the order you put the deposit down is the order your car will come in. In this day & age the word would quickly get out otherwise.

Even if we get it in writing, they'll will still have wiggle room. Say our dealer has 25 deposits now. By the time the first order goes in most likely 2-3 will drop out. Rather them move everybody up, they could put there long time customer in the spots. But then again they're use to having to wait 6-12 months for there car. The dealer may order it (for themself), put it on the lot & sell it for what the market will bear. Likewise a good 5-10% may not accept it (3months from order to delivery), the person will get cold feet, changes in money/lifestyle, want a different color etc. Really don't think these guys will act like a main-stream dealer and try to screw over there committed customers, this is a much smaller market & will come back to bite them. Getting bump a month or so maybe, more then that not likely.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm #37 at Lotus of Atlanta. I tried to call Clearwater but couldn't talk to someone before I put chose Atlanta. I called Jacksonville but after talking to a guy there I won't take my car to them if I was to break down across the street.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where am I? Not sure. :) Somewhere up there. Sounds like in the top 5.

Symbolic at La Jolla. Mike and Graham have done a good job of communicating with me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm #16 at Manhattan Motor Cars. Just put down my $1,000 deposit yesterday :)

It's gonna very hard to part with my 2003 Z06 for the Elise but I have the feeling as soon as I see the car and take it for a spin, it will be a bit easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks like I'm getting a NSX. I should know for sure in the next couple weeks. Assuming I do, then I will no longer be getting the Elise. If anyone wants my spot, #8 on the list at Manhattan Motorcars, then just let me know. Or else I'll just ask for my deposit back from them.

I don't check this board very much, so it would be better to email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
List position

I am number 23 at Criswell in Rockville MD...

I registered last year, they now have a 60+ waiting list.

Brian

1 - 20 of 30 Posts