The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Elise made special mention September 10, in the weekly news compendium called appropriately, The Week. If the scan is illegible, the text reads:

The New York Times
The new Elise sports a "decidedly buglike appearance." Its huge slanted headlights resemble a fly's eyes. The sides of the convertible swoop in to form air scoops, while the rear conveys a "purposeful, athletic look." The canvas top lifts off to slip into the small trunk. You'll pay $1,475 more for the optional hardtop. The total effect is "(pardon me) cute."
Road and Track
Like "featherweight" sports cars of the '50s and '60s, the Elise tips the scales at a scant 1,950 pounds. Designers credit the two-seater's few amentities and aluminum space-frame chassis for the low curb weight. With so little to propel, the four-cylinder Toyota engine delivers more than enough speed. The Elise reaches 60 mph in a blistering 4.7 seconds.
USA Today
After a few spins in the maneuverable Elise, "the steering in other sports cars feels artificial and sloppy." But some flaws undermine this excellent first impression. For starters, "only gymnasts from former Soviet republics" can easily enter the "low-slung" Elise with the top up. And "flimsy" pieces--from the wobbly shifter to the flexible hood and trunk lids--feel cheap.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
CUTE??????????????????

I refused to give a girl a ride after she used the word "cute" to describe the Elise. It's not "cute".........It's "mean"!

Is a hornet "cute"?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
that review was "interesting" even though it was, at times, "annoying" reading some of the "remarks" as they cluttered the screen with "uneccesary" punctuation. ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I can just picture meeting the person who wrote that "article" being the annoying sort that likes to repeatedly use the two-finger "air quotes" while they talk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts