The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uhmm, is that it, one car? Do they deliver on the weekends as well? I thought we would have seen at least some demos this week. Did LotusUSA go out on a limb and say the week of the 12th with the notion of just Chris's car being delivered? Other then Chris's very exciting news it seems that the demo/customer delivery front is eerily quite!

PS and what the heck happen to Mark Star???? He drops a bomb and runs of into the woods never to be scene again. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Some guys in black coats with small LOTUS USA patches on them, arrived and took Mr. Starr away. After some "retraining", he should be back. :)

just kidding.

Seriously there was a small delay. Yes, yet again. But the cars shipped out, just more towards the end of the week than earlier. Really not much of a slip. I am guessing that the orchestrated delivery to Chris was designed to barely beat the cars to the dealers...since it would be silly to make a press event out of it and then find out a dealer delivered a car earlier. There is no reason that Lotus USA would want the perception of them delivering a car and then nothing... as it's starting to seem. So things slipped a couple days, that is all.

The cars are all out on the road and now it's up to the truckers and trucking company which dealers will get which cars first. Do they deliver on the weekends? I don't know. Will some dealerships get cars today? It would seem possible. Will they bother to call people until next week? I doubt it.

Keep an eye out for a transporter pulling up to the dealerships.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Sorry, I think this has been mentioned before, but where are where the Elise gathered and loaded onto the trucks?

Just trying to figure out travel time.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
On the west coast, it's San Diego.

On the east coast, it's Brunswick.

I think. But I was specifically told... "We don't know how the trucking company is handling the delivery. They could make a circle and end up last at a closer dealership."

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Holy ****, how ******* long can it take to ship a ******* car from San Diego to Symbolic of La Jolla or Silver Star in Thousand Oaks??? A covered wagon could have been there by now.

Not that it really matters, since my car isn't coming yet. But I sure would like to see one.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Any chance they're sitting in the San Diego sun down at the Pasha hold lot at the National City harbor? Or are they all prepped and on carriers out to the dealers?

Weekend is here, camera in hand...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I notice there is a Deli right across the street from where Symbolic unloads their cars for prep. They usually unload them in the median of the street, in fact, where it's level. In plain view. Around noon.

I wonder how many days it would take to get tired of roast beef sandwiches and long lunches with a camera..

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
rotfl

Maybe we can do shifts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I thought the whole delay from mid-June to mid-July was so that each dealership would have a demo or deliverable car on the 15th. . . all at once. . . everyone the same day. . . no stragglers. Did I miss something? Oh well, mine won't be here until next spring anyway. Or maybe, I shouldn't expect it until spring of 2006. Who knows. . . :rolleyes:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
azstar said:
I thought the whole delay from mid-June to mid-July was so that each dealership would have a demo or deliverable car on the 15th. . . all at once. . . everyone the same day. . . no stragglers.
Not exactly on the same day, but not weeks apart.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It was the Roast Beef sandwiches and how he said it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Really, he edited it. There was this incredibly funny thing in there before. Really.

(it's been a really long week)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You should tell the Deli owner to call you when he sees the cars coming in. Tell him you will give him a ride in yours when it comes in as a payback.....No phone call..........No Lotus for you!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
xxxotic said:
You should tell the Deli owner to call you when he sees the cars coming in. Tell him you will give him a ride in yours when it comes in as a payback.....No phone call..........No Lotus for you!!!
Now that suggests the beginnings of a good plan.

Have him call to ask you how many items you need for your party tray -- NOW!

You know where to find us.
We win, he wins! And Symbolic gets a surprise visit from the club111 party.

:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hey guys,
Just ask the deli across the street to let you put up a web cam for 24 hour surveillance.

I think things are going to get VERY interesting this week.
Chris

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I just talked to MAG this morning and they still have no cars in - said to expect some next week - said they get 15 calls a day wanting to know if a demo is in to see, sit in, drool on, etc.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hey guys,
Just keep in mind, the letter John English sent to the dealers that was posted here said cars would ship LATE the week of July 12th, from what I understan the cars were released to the transport company, so now it's up to them to get them out to the faithful.

FWIW, far as I know the cars will be transported in covered trucks

Chris

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks Chris, you 'da man ! Please keep the "quasi-insider" info coming, if you can :p

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts