The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right on both counts, and then some. That shot has all kinds of problems really, the uneventful bottom left, the sky, the on-center feel, the appearance of softness when there is none, I only used the vignetting to save it a little bit. Can't win 'em all I suppose.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You're right on both counts, and then some. That shot has all kinds of problems really, the uneventful bottom left, the sky, the on-center feel, the appearance of softness when there is none, I only used the vignetting to save it a little bit. Can't win 'em all I suppose.
What are you talking about, please?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens 1: Nikkor 80-200 ƒ2.8 (first 2 pix)
Lens 2: Tokina 11-16 ƒ2.8 (last 2 pix)

Aperture priority, ƒ2.8, 3-shot HDR bracket 2 EV apart. First 2 shots were probably at or near 200mm, the last two were probably at or near 11mm. All 4 processed through Photomatix Pro, then Photoshop CS3.

NOTE: ƒ-stop on the last two should have been ƒ8, I forgot to change it, which is why the car is soft.

:)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Love the cemetary shots. Lot's of folks will freak out about this, though, especially here in the South. I think they find it disrespectful, but that's not at all what it is about.

Plus the monuments down here are all very plain, mostly just markers.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The pictures are awesome, but I'm not sure if a cemetery is an appropriate place for a car photo shoot. Did you clear this with the groundskeeper/manager?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I certainly didn't mean any disrespect, in fact, I don't see a cemetery at all, I just see shapes and colors.
I think it makes a bit of difference whether it is a historic cemetery or one that is still active.

If it is an old cemetery (perhaps one that people visit to appreciate as a monument or historic site) then I think is may be okay. There are beautiful old cemeteries in Savannah I've heard. (of course I think we can all agree that taking pics of your car at Arlington National Cemetery would be tasteless.)

If it is an active cemetery I think that it's pretty bad. Imagine that you just buried your spouse/child/parent and somebody is snapping pics of their cool car the next day with your loved one's plot as a backdrop.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens 1: Nikkor 80-200 ƒ2.8 (first 2 pix)
Lens 2: Tokina 11-16 ƒ2.8 (last 2 pix)

Aperture priority, ƒ2.8, 3-shot HDR bracket 2 EV apart. First 2 shots were probably at or near 200mm, the last two were probably at or near 11mm. All 4 processed through Photomatix Pro, then Photoshop CS3.

NOTE: ƒ-stop on the last two should have been ƒ8, I forgot to change it, which is why the car is soft.

:)
Are you a member of the Nikonians.org? Largest camera specific forum on the internet with over 175K members. Very nice technical work.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I think they are neat photos. I can see where some people may find it offensive or disrespectful.

I prefer to look at it as an emphasis of this quote that I like:
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sidays totally worn out shouting "HOLY SH*T...WHAT A RIDE!"

I personally hope to go out in a massive explosion of high speed fiery carnage. Either that or a shark attack. (ideally would be surviving a shark attack and only losing an arm followed up later by the explosion for a completely fulfilled life. lol)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Killer shots. You almost got them dead on. People must have been dying to get in the picture.

Come on. Someone had to say it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts