The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a breakfast burrito for lunch.

One reason I am glad to be back in San Diego.

So what makes your region of the US/world special? Here there is damn good mexican food, super cheap and available 24/7.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
My area of the US is special because the taxes are high, there are lots of dangerous SUV driving housewives on the road at all times, lots of potholes (and road construction only seems to focus on tearing apart roads that are 2 years old and pothole free), lots of said road construction all year long, lots of tolls, lots of speed traps, lots of overpaid useless suburban cops who probably don't even know how to disengage the safety on their guns, lots of bad weather, straight roads with no elevation changes as far as the eye can see, ridiculous prices for very small houses/condos, corrupt politicians (more than the average state), no scenery at all, lots of pollution, we are in the "red zone" for radiation, front license plates are required by law, traffic sucks all year long, and the list continues...

I live in a very special area, in case you couldn't tell :p

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove through Chicago once. Key word here is ONCE. Yeah, that sucked.

Hey, but you're moving soon, right?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It doesn't get much better than San Diego! Cheap mexican food, but expensive property. I guess it's a wash. :D I still wish I could live there though. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Speaking of San Diego... there's a really good mexican food place that is outdoors, but I forgot the name of it. It's kind of an outdoor restaraunt in the center of this little village with a bunch of small shops around it - they have someone making fresh tortillas outside the restaraunt for people waiting in line. Anyone familiar with it?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Speaking of San Diego... there's a really good mexican food place that is outdoors, but I forgot the name of it. It's kind of an outdoor restaraunt in the center of this little village with a bunch of small shops around it - they have someone making fresh tortillas outside the restaraunt for people waiting in line. Anyone familiar with it?
Yes. Major tourist place and too long lines for me...but sometimes we take relatives from out of town there. It is in Old Town and it's called Case De Pico, next to also the similar Case De Bandini. I like the Pollo Fundido there (a heart attack on a plate, but it's good).

If you come into town and want authentic Mexican... well, drive to Mexico. It's only 15-20 minutes south. Or try Palenque in Pacific Beach. I like this little place that serves authentic Peruvian food called Ana Marias near where I live. And the Peruvian beer.... :drool:

What is special about San Diego? Fish tacos. Yum. The Brigantyne restaurant's bar where you can buy Fish tacos for $2.50.

What else? My doors and windows are open (well, my entire wall is open thanks to this remodel!)... and it's sunny and warm out.

Drive to La Jolla cove and eat lunch Pannikin. Hang out and have coffee on a sidewalk listening to people from all around the world. Walk to the beach and watch Sea Lions. Have breakfast on the beach at Poseidan or Jakes in Del Mar and watch the porpoises playing in the surf as you eat.

Downsides... traffic. People in a hurry. Traffic. Home prices. Traffic. Stupid politicians. Traffic. No professional sports teams. Traffic.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
While we're making this a San Diego is fun because of its food thread: Go to breakfast at Brockton Villa in La Jolla (Ocean Blvd) early on a Saturday. Order the Coast Toast, which is almost souffle like, and enjoy the best view the area has to offer.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about an elisetalk SD meet at brockton villa on a saturday morning, then we all go down to symbolic and drool on cars. It will be fantastic!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
We can steal the S1 Honda conversion. All we have to do is move all those damn Ferraris and Gallardos out of the way.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Actually... I forgot.. Brockton Villa was Pannikin that I refered to. The old white house right on the cove with the abalone shells, right?

Great food.

I am up for it... but I mentally have this picture of us literally drooling on cars at Symbolic. But not this Saturday. I am arranging a race day at Qualcomm this next weekend.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a plan! Then we can decide if I look good in red.

How bout I post a date on the region section and see who can go?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Austin pros:

Great weather
Great Mexican food
Great nightlife
Great sports teams
Great roads for driving
Great music
Great people

...and property values aren't sky high...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike, if you're in town, I'm sure we can arrange something ;)

atyclb,

I'd love to visit Austin...heard many good things about it.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Grossly unfair, I LOVE brockton Villa, make sure you get the omlette of the day or scrambled eggs made through their espresso maker steamer! They're great.
Here we got snow (about 10 inches worth recently) We got good BBQ, Boss Hogs/Gates/KC Masterpiece and GREAT BBQ at Arthur Brian's.

Have fun at the 'Villa'

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
atyclb said:
Austin pros:

Great weather
Great Mexican food
Great nightlife
Great sports teams
Great roads for driving
Great music
Great people

...and property values aren't sky high...
Austin Pros continued:

-Hill country
-BBQ
-Not fat like San Antonio, Houston, Dallas (according to Men's Health)
-The University of Texas (Hook 'em)
-Lake Travis, Lake Austin
-Nearby trackdays
-BBQ

Austin Cons:

-Transplanted Californians (j/k)
-August heat waves
-Growing population

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
LOG 24 in Bham in Sept.

Pros:

Barber Motorsports Park
Lotus' out the wazoo
Barber Motorsports Park
Lotus' out the wazoo
Barber Motorsports Park
Lotus' out the wazoo
Barber Motorsports Park
Lotus' out the wazoo
Barber Motorsports Park
Lotus' out the wazoo
Barber Motorsports Park
Lotus' out the wazoo

Cons
It's not til September.

Chris

:eek:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
So what makes your region of the US/world special? Here there is damn good mexican food, super cheap and available 24/7.
No neighbors that I can see, moose wandering through the yard, another moose in the freezer, and plenty of red salmon for the BBQ.

And what seems like the greatest number of Thai restraunts per capita outside of Thailand. mmmm, Thai food.....

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
We have the Big Dig!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts