The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I find these pictures cuter than you guys do but I couldn't resist sharing them. Had my first weekend at the track after swapping in a new motor (blew it last July) and the car did just fantastic. It was a real treat to have her back out, especially given I've swapped/rebuilt pretty much all the major components (a thought that went through my head as I was pushing near the limit - thinking "uh, I built this thing, what's going to break and kill me?!?". A few weeks back I adopted a wonderful 8 month old yellow lab named Daisy. I've known for a long time that as soon as I get a dog she'd have to be a track dog - and Daisy did not disappoint. While I wouldn't say she loved the 90 minute ride to the track she actually fell asleep on the way home (exciting 3 day weekend for her).

The looks on the ride home were pretty great.

2012-04-20 10.41.44-1 (Small).jpg
2012-04-20 11.55.43 (Small).jpg
2012-04-20 11.56.58 (Small).jpg

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Glad your back on the road. Never had my dogs in the Elise, but I know they are drooling to go. I built a Meyers Manx style dune buggy from the ground up. She is about 1600 pounds and 207 hp. (Love my fiberglass cars!) I used to drive around and shock people all the time. The German Sheperd always loves a good drive, but people would go ape when they saw my 120 pound Great Dane riding with her head above the windshield just having a great time! I just have not had the heart to take either one of them in the Lotus. Dog hair can go in the truck or the Buggy, but I will pass on the Elise. But a man's best friend sure seem to enjoy riding around with daddy. Enjoy the company!

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dog hair can go in the truck or the Buggy, but I will pass on the Elise.
Can't say I blame you for that, I've totally gutted mine so there's not really anything for the hair to stick to at this point. She doesn't ever get in my RS4...

the dog is not wearing a Hans!!
It's funny you say that as a few times she sat up in the seat to see what was going on (once we got off the interstate and we were in stop-go traffic). With little to sit on and nothing to hold on to I had to hold her with my right hand to keep her stable (which made shifting interesting)

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does she not fly all over the place on corners?
Well to be clear this was on the street on the way (95% highway driving). When we got into town I did have to hold her a bit so she didn't fall over (and I was driving very slowly due to this). She did surprisingly well (she's an extremely mellow pup)

·
Registered
422 Posts
That’s awesome. I wish cats liked riding in cars. The first time I took my cat to the vet (a few weeks after I adopted her), I put her on the passenger seat. She was calm at first. But then she tried to bolt out the car as soon as I started the engine. The problem is, she didn’t realize the windshield was a physical object. In the blink of an eye, she jumped on the dash, and slammed head-first into the windshield. I seriously thought she was dead because she sort of slumped over, and fell down onto the floor. I was so shocked, I couldn’t even move. Then after about 20 seconds, she stood up. Needless to say, I ended up buying a cat carrier before attempting to take her anywhere else. You don’t have to worry about that with dogs.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Here is a very poor Cell Phone Video of Ross and Dasie on the track at HPR for the Porsche DE.

He was saying he needed Dasie in the car to make it fair for the other cars.

(you were catching the Boxter Spyder, couple more laps and you would have had them)

Doug

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doug it was a real pleasure to finally get to meet you out there - thanks for coming by and introducing yourself. It really was a great weekend - and that session I chased that damn Spyder for about 4 laps before the checker came out. I got him in the next session at least ;-)

Can't say I'm much of a cat person but I can see how one would not enjoy a Lotus. Cats just (generally) aren't nearly as chill as dogs can be.

·
Registered
471 Posts
She looks like a sweetheart! My ex is a vet in Boulder, btw RC!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Ross, it was nice to meet you and daisy at the track on Friday. I'm sure I'll see you out there again some time this summer.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here Eric, always great when I get to meet a forum member in real life. Looking forward to seeing you out again - it's always nice to chase other Lotus around the track!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts