The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you click in the search box it shows a second box called "Advanced Search". Click on Advanced Search and you can select just the forums you want to search and filter like old times.

Hooray!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
If you click in the search box it shows a second box called "Advanced Search". Click on Advanced Search and you can select just the forums you want to search and filter like old times.

Hooray!
It's actually been here for as long as I've been a member. With the new format you go to the top and click on the three dots to the right of your avatar to get to it.

San

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
It's kind of a challenge to find the features with the new format.

San
They are working on that. Click the 3-dot menu, then FAQ, then on the left menu RELEASE NOTES. I haven't yet found a way to actually subscribe to updates to the RELEASE NOTES section, but they DO include a pop-up notification when changes occur. We will see if allowing PUSH NOTIFICATIONS advises us of site changes after releases.

PS Speaking of the Advanced Search, anyone notice the new ability to include ALL terms or exclude some terms??

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
One thing I miss (or maybe I just don't know where it is) is the EDIT function so if you see a mistake in your post you can fix it if you catch it right away.
David Teitelbaum

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
EDIT is 'hidden' in the individual post's 3 dot MENU, upper right on the posting.

You have 24 hours to edit your posts...after that a Mod needs to do it (as if, for example, you found a source for parts or something).

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
According to the FAQ there is supposed to be an edit button next to the time stamp of your post for 24 hours. I don't have it.
David Teitelbaum

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
The FAQs need updating [email protected]

(Actually, the menu IS 'next to' the timestamp...just on the opposite corner. And hovering over it displays Site Navigation)

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
Is it just me or has the forum traffic/activity/members pretty much die off since the new platform came about?
You are NOT wrong. I often get the comment "I don't visit LT as often now because it is too difficult to use":mad:

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
Jason, Look at the upgraded ADVANCED SEARCH again.

Now, you can include or exclude terms (phrase match), or just get results from certain segments of the Forum.

If you are looking for results from the entire WWW, use Google and define all your search terms.
@glb has posted the details several times.

As @Certified Lotus has explained, typing your search in a plain English question (as if you were asking a friend) often garners more accurate results.

I've learned a lot from fellow Lotus owners (not, just about the cars. LOL).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Look at the upgraded ADVANCED SEARCH again
Sneaky buggers. That's precisely the functionality that wasn't there last week. Shoulda renamed it "advanced advanced search".

Even in advanced advanced search, though, it seems to have some problems holding on to search parameters during refinement? So if you search for "tires" in the Lotus Esprit forum, and then in the results page select "Most Recent", you bust out of the Esprit forum. So you have to return to the advanced search page to re-search. Here I may be having a problem with my browser of choice or something, because I usually need to re-specify all the parameters in that case.

[edit - ALSO, it looks like the exclusion does not work for words in the title. For example searching for:
tires -V8
]

-Jason

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
LOL, Advanced Advanced Search. Reminds me of the below,~3:33

You can keep the search criteria 'in-hand' by right-clicking the Search Results and "open link in new tab'. That way it is easy to size-up whether you have found the results you were looking for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts