The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on Ebay and came across this little gem of a description for a Lotus Elise.

"This 2005 Lotus Elise refines the meaning of luxury and ambient space in a compact car. You will not be disappointed with this Lotus Elise whose orange color and clean black leather sport-style interior reflects its superior luxury and class." - Global Motorcars of Houston

WTF!? I can just hear the potential bidder now. "You know honey, I've been needen a car with a more refined meaning of luxury and ambient space, I think I'll bid on this Lotus E-lease"

Here is the auction for those that may doubt the level of copy writing genius we have here. Item number: 250275306965

Can anyone beat this one?

·
Registered
438 Posts
>>>"You will not be disappointed with this Lotus Elise whose orange color and clean black leather sport-style interior reflects its superior luxury and class."

Allow me to quote from a few of their other ads:

"You will not be disappointed with this 2006 BMW 530i, whose gray color and clean gray leather interior reflects its superior luxury and performance"

"You will not be disappointed with this 2005 Mercedes SL500 whose tan color and clean tan leather interior reflects its superior luxury and performance."

"You will not be disappointed with this 2007 BMW 335I, whose silver exterior color and extra clean gray leather interior reflects its superior luxury and performance."

Of course they don't get IT. It's some admin person using a fill-in-the-blank template that wouldn't know a Lotus from a Lexus. Equally (un)inspiring/giving EVERY appearance of a CHURN house ["brought to you by one of the largest wholesale dealerships in the country"].....I would conclude that the sort of person that would buy a car ---espec a high-end car (like the Elise), from a place like this, won't be turning up on Lotustalk. ....nothing wrong with that--just a shame that the car doesn't go to an enthusiast or someone that appreciates it for all that it is.......
'Let's get that shiny little orange one for Ann-Marie now that she's turned 16 and got her self a license.......'

john m

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I got me a cup holder (that doesn't called anything), A/C, and a leather shift Knob in mine. If that's not the lap of luxury, what is?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Luxury? Where's my: heated seats, tilting steering wheel, heated mirrors, motorized mirrors, ash tray, factory sat nav, power seats, cup holder, headrest tv (haha), glove box??

When did an ash tray become an luxury item? Actually what car/truck still comes with an ash tray?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't know what you're talking about; mine has heated EVERYTHING - even the AC is heated - that's the tits.
-john.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Luxury? Where's my: heated seats, tilting steering wheel, heated mirrors, motorized mirrors, ash tray, factory sat nav, power seats, cup holder, headrest tv (haha), glove box??
You know... the heated seats would weigh in at grahms and with the top off on a cool crisp spring or fall day might be very relaxing in a good way. :)

for the rest? Nah. don't need 'em. Mirrors don't need heat if you never use 'em anyhow!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
When did an ash tray become an luxury item? Actually what car/truck still comes with an ash tray?
Don't know why they would bother. Every day (3x today alone) I see idiots throwing their butts out the windows at stoplights. :mad: Guess they spent so much on them just to throw them away... :thwack::wallbang:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts